Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Priority boarding benefit extend to SkyTeam partners ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority boarding benefit extend to SkyTeam partners ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:05 am
formerly known as s2kdriver80
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
Question Priority boarding benefit extend to SkyTeam partners ?

Does the priority boarding benefit that comes with carrying an Amex Delta credit card apply when boarding other SkyTeam airlines while connecting in Europe? My connecting boarding passes never indicate SkyPriority or Zone 1 boarding.

I always explain and show the GA my Amex Delta card and never had issues getting into the SkyPriority lane while in Europe.

Not sure if the information doesn't get shared properly between partners, or maybe perhaps the benefit applies only to Delta-operated flights?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat 100, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, UA Silver, AA Gold
Priority boarding and screening as designated by being a SkyTeam Elite or Elite Plus usually works for most SkyTeam airlines. I've used it on AF, KL, AM, MU, AZ and KE without a problem.

The Delta AMEX Zone 1 boarding benefit only is extended on Delta flights. I'm surprised that you would get priority boarding on any other SkyTeam flight with just the credit card.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tphamBU
Priority boarding and screening as designated by being a SkyTeam Elite or Elite Plus usually works for most SkyTeam airlines. I've used it on AF, KL, AM, MU, AZ and KE without a problem.

The Delta AMEX Zone 1 boarding benefit only is extended on Delta flights. I'm surprised that you would get priority boarding on any other SkyTeam flight with just the credit card.
Other carriers no. However at a place that shares Sky Priority line like AMS you'll get to use it when flying DL. Basically you need to be checking in with DL to get benefit. Otherwise it's not a benefit of being a SM member but rather a CC holder.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Understood thanks.

I'd always mistakenly assumed that the priority boarding benefit extended to all SkyTeam partners automatically so I would show my Amex Delta CC to the Air France / KLM / TAROM GAs and they would be like no problem get in the SkyPriority lane when boarding.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:08 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
wait, OP, you don't get sky priority with the credit card, just zone 1. So why would you assume that you would get sky priority with partners?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pvn
wait, OP, you don't get sky priority with the credit card, just zone 1. So why would you assume that you would get sky priority with partners?
I was referring to the boarding lanes. From what I've seen in European airports, there are two separate lanes labelled economy and SkyPriority (priority boarding).
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by s2kdriver80
I was referring to the boarding lanes. From what I've seen in European airports, there are two separate lanes labelled economy and SkyPriority (priority boarding).
One part of the Sky Priority experience is getting to use the Sky Priority boarding lane. The DL Amex does not provide Sky Priority - including does not allow the use of the boarding lane marked such.

The DL Amex provides Zone 1 when flying DL only. The GAs for the other airlines were incorrect in allowing you to use the Sky Priority boarding lane (there is a reason the system didn't put it on your boarding pass) but likely let you use it because it is discretionary, and didn't want to deal with a back and forth with you.

Please stop taking benefits to which you are not entitled. It only dilutes it for those of us who earn them the hard way.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
One part of the Sky Priority experience is getting to use the Sky Priority boarding lane. The DL Amex does not provide Sky Priority - including does not allow the use of the boarding lane marked such.

The DL Amex provides Zone 1 when flying DL only. The GAs for the other airlines were incorrect in allowing you to use the Sky Priority boarding lane (there is a reason the system didn't put it on your boarding pass) but likely let you use it because it is discretionary, and didn't want to deal with a back and forth with you.

Please stop taking benefits to which you are not entitled. It only dilutes it for those of us who earn them the hard way.
Originally Posted by s2kdriver80
I'd always mistakenly assumed that the priority boarding benefit extended to all SkyTeam partners automatically so I would show my Amex Delta CC to the Air France / KLM / TAROM GAs and they would be like no problem get in the SkyPriority lane when boarding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.