Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL199, SEA-INC, Dec 1, returned to SEA after reaching west-central Alaska

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL199, SEA-INC, Dec 1, returned to SEA after reaching west-central Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by usoftie
For those many pax who live in Seattle, many probably chose to go home for the night, and didn't need their checked bags anyway since they were at home. That's got to be a huge money saver and mitigation for upset customers.
I've still taken the hotel when I've been in this situation. Feel like if they're going to put me somewhere nice then take them up. Also means free transportation and usually a free meal. Finally don't have to bother family or friends for a ride if by myself.

As to other posters, going to SEA was best. The solution to reduce beverage service made me laugh. Passengers had already eaten and drank. Plus what happens when those passengers need to take a #2? Some with medical issues also can't go without food or drink for long periods of time.

Basically it wasn't practical to continue on. As for landing in ANCHORAGE, there's plenty more options not just for crew and planes for DL, but more rebooking options.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:30 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by oldgoat97
With the inbound DL199 a no-show at ICN, that left many stranded outbound passengers at ICN waiting for the departing DL198. Most were rebooked onto other KE flights bound for the US. I'm a PM that had a nice Comfort+ seat booked on DL198. Instead I got put in 47B on KE19, and I still don't know where my checked baggage from BKK is.
Took you 10 years from joining to make your first post, but welcome to posting on FT
Old Dec 3, 2016, 6:05 am

Maybe they diverted back to SEA out of fear if this happening...

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/19353374/n...wage-overflow/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.