Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated 75D/H Comfort+ Seating Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold/AAdvantage /Delta Skymiles

Flying 03/04/17 LAX-ATL on 757-200 (75D). We now have comfort seating in 18 D&E but have option for 15 DEF, 16 ABC or 16DEF. Should I stick with 18 or switch. This is a connecting flight from KOA redeye. I have checked seatguru and get conflicting opinions on these seats. Any help?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by gnggng
Flying 03/04/17 LAX-ATL on 757-200 (75D). We now have comfort seating in 18 D&E but have option for 15 DEF, 16 ABC or 16DEF. Should I stick with 18 or switch. This is a connecting flight from KOA redeye. I have checked seatguru and get conflicting opinions on these seats. Any help?
It all really comes down to what's important to you. Do you and your companion care about having a window? If so, I'd recommend 16AB. If you care about recline, avoid 16DEF like the plague. I flew 16F last month and the recline is limited. Row 15 is a bulkhead so limited leg room and no ability to stow baggage under a seat. 18 D&E have unlimited legroom, but on a five hour flight, you can bet the bathroom will be a popular place, so you'll most likely have passengers congregating in front of you.

I personally prefer a window and also enjoy the "mini-cabin" feel of rows 15-17, so I personally would select 16A. Not sure if any of this helps, just my random Tuesday morning rumblings. Enjoy the trip next year.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Actually, row 15 does have area to extend feet and baggage stow under the first class seats--there is no bulkhead wall. I would take A/C or D/F seats so neither is stuck in the middle given it is a red eye.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Navig8R
18 D&E have unlimited legroom, but on a five hour flight, you can bet the bathroom will be a popular place, so you'll most likely have passengers congregating in front of you.
generally true, but often less of an issue on a redeye

18DE are like bulkhead seats in that there is no underseat storage (and iirc there is some equipment stowed in at least a portion of the overhead bin on that side)

Originally Posted by Navig8R
I personally prefer a window and also enjoy the "mini-cabin" feel of rows 15-17, so I personally would select 16A. Not sure if any of this helps, just my random Tuesday morning rumblings. Enjoy the trip next year.
+1
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
I wouldn't sit by the bathroom
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. I decided to change to 16 A&C. I just hope we don't have someone sitting between us.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Originally Posted by gnggng
Thanks for the help. I decided to change to 16 A&C. I just hope we don't have someone sitting between us.
You almost certainly will. People will be standing by for upgrades to Comfort+ so this seat will likely be taken.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Also I just noticed ....since this flight is months out, keep an eye on your seat assignments if this is very important to you. Delta may adjust the fleet type to a different 757 type or other a/c type which will uproot you.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I will be keeping my eye on the flight for sure. They have already switched the equipment twice since I booked.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
757-200 (75D) Economy Comfort Seats

I've done an exhaustive search and I haven't seen via any google search any good pics of the 757-200 (75D) Economy Comfort seats - from bulkhead to others.

Anyone have any pics to share or know where I can find any? Thx
Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:00 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Really depends on what kind of 757 you are interested in, but here is one example:
http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...espoints-blog/

Another:
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:16 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Any thoughts as to the best window seat in the EC mini cabin? Right now, they are all open.

Thanks!

p.s. Wasn't sure to post in this thread or this older one https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...sing-seat.html
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:36 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
It depends, just like everything else.

there's no single "best" seat, they all have different attributes and people value those attributes differently. Are fixed armrests a big deal for you? What about recline? etc.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:13 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
@pvn Thanks. All things being equal, 16F and 17A aren't going to work for me due to the limited recline so it's either 16A or 15A/F. I normally don't like bulkheads as I keep crap in my backpack that I like to access in flight. But, if I can stow my bag under the F seat in front, I might be willing to sit in 15; any feedback on the legroom and ability to use the F seat to stow a carry-on?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 1, 2017 at 7:28 pm
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
@pvn Thanks. All things being equal, 16F and 17A aren't going to work for me due to the limited recline so it's either 16A or 15A/F. I normally don't like bulkheads as I keep crap in my backpack that I like to access in flight. But, if I can stow my bag under the F seat in front, I might be willing to sit in 15; any feedback on the legroom and ability to use the F seat to stow a carry-on?
It's a soft bulkhead so it can go under the F seat in front of you. Legroom is pretty good and comparable to F legroom but the only drawback is the tray table in the armrest. Usually if I'm in the first row of C+, I'll chose the aisle seat. If you don't mind the tray table being in the armrest and reducing width than I'd pick Row 15.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.