Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would Delta start a DeltaOne lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
With DL trying to push Asia travelers onto SEA connections, a special lounge could help that goal.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
With DL trying to push Asia travelers onto SEA connections, a special lounge could help that goal.
They could turn the lounge in S to a D1 lounge since most international flights leave from S, but the new Sky Club at A/B is much nicer. It's probably the nicest one in the system now.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:51 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
The BusinessElite lounges were in at least JFK (T3) and ATL (E), because I used both. JFK actually had two, IIRC; the smaller one was the old international F lounge before BusinessElite replaced it.

BOS was going to have one next to the A13-A22 Sky Club; that space is still there and unbuilt out AFAIK. (The wall between the stairs/elevators and the SC entrance would have been the entrance.)
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by CKDGM
The BusinessElite lounges were in at least JFK (T3) and ATL (E), because I used both. JFK actually had two, IIRC; the smaller one was the old international F lounge before BusinessElite replaced it.
CVG had one.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I don't see DL heading in this direction. DL already has a 2 or even 3 tiered lounge system all under the same brand in that certain locations have enhanced food and service, presumably when the local market demands it. LAX is the biggest gap in this now, even though they do offer slightly enhanced food there. I assume the terminal move will bring a really great SC that is D1 customer worthy.

The D1 pax that take the biggest hit in terms of clubs seem to be MSP and DTW, which, despite having lots of D1 pax, offer only basic services.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 8:36 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
The D1 pax that take the biggest hit in terms of clubs seem to be MSP and DTW, which, despite having lots of D1 pax, offer only basic services.
Very similar to how for so many years AA didn't have Flagship Lounges at DFW or MIA... with fortress hubs they often don't feel the competitive need to go above and beyond.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
Most non-US airline business class lounges are quiet places where you can get actual work done. Sky Clubs are no longer business lounges in any sense of the word but loud feeding and drinking facilities.
You've never been to the KLM lounges at AMS or the AF lounges at CDG, eh? Those third word refugee camps make B10 on a Friday afternoon look like an oasis of tranquil refinement
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by injera
Knowing the setup of MSP and DTW I dont know where they could add space for a dedicated J lounge.
Well, back when McNamara was new, LH flew from there and had a lounge on the second floor immediately to the right of security. Perhaps DL could rehab that space and rebrand it for D1 for the Asian/Europe flights.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Detroiter
Well, back when McNamara was new, LH flew from there and had a lounge on the second floor immediately to the right of security. Perhaps DL could rehab that space and rebrand it for D1 for the Asian/Europe flights.
Actually, all of the DTW SkyClubs are in dire need of refurbishment. The Reagan-era furniture probably are museum pieces by now, and the forager model of distributing bits and pieces of snacks across a SkyClub is inefficient.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jimrpa
The Reagan-era furniture
Agreed they are in major need of remodeling, but to be fair, I think the main club was redone 2005ish. I don't know this for sure, but it has the same furniture and design as the terminal C club in MSP which was built around that time.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:16 am

Programs: UA Gold
Actually, all of the DTW SkyClubs are in dire need of refurbishment. The Reagan-era furniture probably are museum pieces by now, and the forager model of distributing bits and pieces of snacks across a SkyClub is inefficient.
Just don't get rid of my self serve alcohol! One of the best things about the DTW club
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:02 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Agremeister
Just don't get rid of my self serve alcohol! One of the best things about the DTW club
.....and please don't remove the few remaining cubicles.

If DL were to take over the old LH lounge at DTW and make it into a D1 dedicated lounge, which BTW I think is unlikely even though theres obviously this suitable space, most of the window seats in the big center SC would have a direct view so that folks would be able to see just how good it is, for better or worse.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
NW's "flagship" lounge product opened in January 2002
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
the forager model of distributing bits and pieces of snacks across a SkyClub is inefficient.
On the other hand, it also prevents some "traffic" buildup by dispersing refreshments in different areas. When the club is full, it can be very difficult to get in & out of that one "main" room where food (and that all-important self-serve alcohol) are ^
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:49 am

I like the dispersed feeders. It's an excuse for a stroll and can even seem like a treasure hunt. You might even make some new friends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.