Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta - Australia Partner Airline

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I see now how difficult this will be. Luckily my timing is very flexible any day Oct/Nov. Two days ago the AA flights in J were 80,000 points and today cheapest is 225,000 miles. Delta was 110,000 miles now is 300,000 miles . These are for 1-way awards. Ridiculous. I will check every day now and if something decent pops up will grab it.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by holocker
I see now how difficult this will be. Luckily my timing is very flexible any day Oct/Nov. Two days ago the AA flights in J were 80,000 points and today cheapest is 225,000 miles. Delta was 110,000 miles now is 300,000 miles . These are for 1-way awards. Ridiculous. I will check every day now and if something decent pops up will grab it.
80,000 AA miles is saver award. 225,000 AA miles is anytime. You may never find an AA award. Same with DL

The first rule when using miles/avios/points in any program for an award is "book what you can find" i.e. you can't expect there to be availability on every flight. Or an award you see still today will be available tomorrow. If you need to get from A to B on a certain time, using points is not always a viable option.

As a guess "any day Oct/Nov" is next year. AA awards are from 330 days out

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Booked 2 80k AA award tickets SAN-LAX-SYD-CNS for mid-September and 2 110k Delta Business tickets SYD-SAN for end of September yesterday.
I was surprised there was availability.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booked 2 80k AA award tickets SAN-LAX-SYD-CNS for mid-September and 2 110k Delta Business tickets SYD-SAN for end of September yesterday.
I was surprised there was availability.
That's very good. ^
Enjoy the (short) trip
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
I see now how difficult this will be. ...
LOL.

I suspect DL has filed for a business model patent on the concept of making miles so difficult to use that many give up and buy at absurd prices.

DL SMs are some of the least valuable miles out there, but there is also a huge disconnect in what some think they are worth and what they can be redeemed for if you get past the DL obfuscation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.