Search

Need to confirm UG request?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Need to confirm UG request?

I am waitlisted for an UG on a future flight using a GUC.

I was checking the status on DL.dumb and noticed that the status showed:

REQUEST UPGRADE FOR FIRST/BUSINESS CLASS
If seats are available, you may be upgraded to First/Business class. Seats are automatically assigned.

with a check mark to indicate that the request was active.

But, below that was a CONFIRM button... which does nothing when clicked.

Any ideas as to the function of/need for this?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could the confirm only be used when changing your upgrade request?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I could understand if it were associated with a C+ upgrade request... as in: "Are you sure you want to risk getting a middle seat?"

Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:20 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Yep, if you wanted to change the box from checked to unchecked or vice versa, you then click the Confirm button to submit that change.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: DL DM, 3.3 MM Miler, Lifetime Hilton Diamond VIP, United, American, National ExecElite
Originally Posted by Zorak
Yep, if you wanted to change the box from checked to unchecked or vice versa, you then click the Confirm button to submit that change.
Agreed.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
I would call to confirm.

Just happened to my today:

GUC for SYD-LAX applied 3 weeks ago....waitlisted.
Website and app showed upgrade on standby (or whatever it say for int'l flights)

3 days ago, I noticed a few seats jumped out of C+ and into D1.
Didn't think much of it...maybe 360s or MMers.

Upon checking in with VA in AKL, getting boarding passes for all connections, my wife and I are still not on the upgrade list via app or online.

I called to confirm...after 5 min hold, something got screwed up in our reservation and they would have to 'reset my ticket' but couldn't do that because we were already checked in. (I was literally sitting on the VA flight in AKL while boarding)

Upon getting to SYD, I checked in with the gate who finally confirmed that we were on the list, and sure enough, we were finally seeing it on the app.

Bottom line is that we applied the GUC three weeks out and changed nothing about the ticket - but DM line said that something happened to the ticket and it wouldn't apply...unless I had called 24 hours earlier.
It worked out as we got the upgrade (3&4 of 6 seats), but had I not called, we would not have gotten them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.