Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double miles to HND

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Double miles to HND

I don't know if this offer was targeted or not, but I got an email from Delta touting double miles on flights between the USA and Haneda (enrollment required, travel between October 29th and February 28th).

The T&C just talk about double miles, without mentioning RDM or MQM.

I take this offer is just double RDMs?

Last edited by fliesdelta; Oct 21, 2016 at 12:49 pm Reason: Corrected offer dates
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:50 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Ya, just got this, too. The language is a tad ambiguous:

Double Miles Bonus Offer: Mileage accrual is doubled for all qualifying flights. Double miles are awarded from the respective Medallion status multiplier but not on any bonus miles. Flight activity must conclude on or before February 28, 2017.

What does THAT mean, exactly? If you buy a ticket for $1000, how many miles would you get, for example, as a DM?

Any thoughts?

Here's a complete copy and paste of the offer:

Terms & Conditions

Eligibility: Enrollment in this promotion via this promotional enrollment page is required before ticket purchase to qualify for this promotion. Flights flown prior to meeting the eligibility requirements do not qualify for this promotion. You must enroll for participation in the offer via this promotional enrollment page by January 12, 2017 (ending 11:59:59 PM, U.S. PST on 1/12/2017).

Qualifying Flight Activity: Flights must be purchased after promotional enrollment and flights must be flown between October 29, 2016 and February 28, 2017. Flights departing from and returning to Haneda Airport are eligible for the promotion. Only Delta and Delta Connection® marketed and operated flights flown after promotional qualification will be eligible for this offer. Tickets with E Fare Class are excluded from this offer. Flights that do not earn miles, including but not limited to Award, Miles + Cash, free, pass travel and certain other tickets are not eligible for this promotion.

Double Miles Bonus Offer: Mileage accrual is doubled for all qualifying flights. Double miles are awarded from the respective Medallion status multiplier but not on any bonus miles. Flight activity must conclude on or before February 28, 2017.

Travel Period: All travel must start and end between October 29, 2016 and February 28, 2017. (ending 11:59:59 PM, U.S. EST on 02/28/2017).

SkyMiles: All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption, and travel benefits. To review the rules, please visit Membership Guide & Program Rules.

Promotional Reference Code: Please refer Delta customer service representative to 168505.

Promotional Fulfillment: Bonus miles will post within 6-8 weeks of completion of qualifying activity.

Haneda Lounge Access: Lounge access available regardless of cabin of service traveling in. To gain entry, boarding pass must display SkyMiles number.

Miscellaneous: This is a one-time offer. Multiple enrollments are not allowed and promotional bonuses associated with multiple accounts will be voided. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offers and benefits are subject to change without notice. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion® status or Million Miler™ status. Bonus applies only to the traveling SkyMiles member. This offer cannot be combined with other Delta/SkyTeam® offers.

***NOTE that you HAFTO REGISTER!!!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I think what they're trying to say is you get twice the miles for your level. However if you happen to earn any extra miles, those does don't get doubled. However I'm not sure what extra miles you would earn. There's no class of service bonus anymore since going to RDM per $
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I think what they're trying to say is you get twice the miles for your level. However if you happen to earn any extra miles, those does don't get doubled. However I'm not sure what extra miles you would earn. There's no class of service bonus anymore since going to RDM per $
The problem with that theory is that the Medallion multiplier posts as bonus miles.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
I asked Delta via Twitter, I was told it's only RDMs.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:51 pm
pbj

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by davetravels

Miscellaneous: This is a one-time offer. Multiple enrollments are not allowed and promotional bonuses associated with multiple accounts will be voided. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offers and benefits are subject to change without notice. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion® status or Million Miler™ status. Bonus applies only to the traveling SkyMiles member. This offer cannot be combined with other Delta/SkyTeam® offers.

***NOTE that you HAFTO REGISTER!!!
It says right in the T&C that was posted it doesn't count towards status or MM.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Pretty sad when those on FT can't even understand the promotion.

Maybe the program is too confusing for even us.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
The problem with that theory is that the Medallion multiplier posts as bonus miles.
Precisely... DMs get 11X the dollar spend, but 5X of that posts as "base miles" and 6X of that posts as "bonus miles."

So, how should " Mileage accrual is doubled for all qualifying flights. Double miles are awarded from the respective Medallion status multiplier but not on any bonus miles" be interpreted?

And.... is the total trip RDMs limited by the 75,000 RDM per itinerary constraint?

If so, a DM purchasing a $7000 Delta One RT ticket gets bupkis from this "generous gesture."
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
... is the total trip RDMs limited by the 75,000 RDM per itinerary constraint?

If so, a DM purchasing a $7000 Delta One RT ticket gets bupkis from this "generous gesture."
That is a good question. If it affects me, I'd ask Delta before booking.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Delta needs to clarify what this means:

"Double miles are awarded from the respective Medallion status multiplier, but not on any bonus miles."

Personally, I think flyerCO's guess is right: A Diamond get 11x, not 5x. The multiplier is the 11x, not 5x and not the 6x that go into the "bonus" line on our mileage posting on Delta.com. The "not on any bonus miles" language is puzzling. Maybe Delta forgot biz class no longer gets class-of-service bonus miles, or they want to prevent stacking with some other (non-existing) offer?

The language "Flights departing from or returning to Haneda are eligible" is strange. I think the meaning is that any single Delta (ticketed and operated as Delta) flight segment beginning or ending in HND gets the bonus.

Thus, if I flew LAX-MSP-HND, no extra miles for the prorated MQD on LAX-MSP.

Delta cheaped-out with no bonus MQMs. Frankly, this offer does not tempt value flyers because MU flies LAX-PVG-HND for $500. (Zero Delta Skymiles on the Q fare ticket, though.)

Last edited by Bowgie; Oct 21, 2016 at 4:08 pm
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by pbj
It says right in the T&C that was posted it doesn't count towards status or MM.
Yeah, I felt pretty certain that if any bonus MQMs were involved, it would be VERY apparent!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Precisely... DMs get 11X the dollar spend, but 5X of that posts as "base miles" and 6X of that posts as "bonus miles."

So, how should " Mileage accrual is doubled for all qualifying flights. Double miles are awarded from the respective Medallion status multiplier but not on any bonus miles" be interpreted?

And.... is the total trip RDMs limited by the 75,000 RDM per itinerary constraint?

Glad I came across this thread. I was looking at this promotion earlier today and thought I was the only one who couldn't figure it out. I did online chat with Delta and asked which miles were doubled. They told me to call. I called, and the CSR said everything is doubled, including elite bonuses, but she didn't seem too sure of herself.

As for the 75,000 limit, I think you are okay there. I found the following in the SkyMiles Program Rules:

"Members will earn a maximum of 75,000 miles per person per reservation, including any Medallion mileage bonuses or class of service bonuses. Promotional mileage bonuses will not count toward the 75,000 maximum mileage accrual per reservation unless otherwise stated in the promotion’s terms and conditions."

Bolding mine. I didn't see anything in the T&C limiting the promotional miles.

Mike
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
I got a rock.

Seeming that I can't seem to find the promo, probably a targeted promo.

Jiburi
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:49 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
So I was confused about it all too.

Also it's for all US-HND flights? Or just MSP-HND? Seems for all.

As a DM, I'd get 11x plus another 5x the MQD?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
So I was confused about it all too.

Also it's for all US-HND flights? Or just MSP-HND? Seems for all.

As a DM, I'd get 11x plus another 5x the MQD?
The way most of us think is that you'll get your RDM per $ x 11 x 2. No one is 100% sure though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.