Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Non-Competes with Spirit on SAN-LAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Non-Competes with Spirit on SAN-LAS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by milesk
I have flown spirit multiple times and finally had my first 28" pitch experience msp-iah-msp (couldn't get BFS or ER). I'm 6' 220 so I was a little concerned. It was not as bad as I expected. I'd say about 1" less room from my knee to the seat in front of me (compared to delta). Manageable for a flight that distance and the huge cost savings over delta. I rarely recline so that was not an issue. Here is a link to some of my recent price comparisons for my trips.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...pirit-wow.html
Spirit is not always my choice but for last minute trips it often works well. Recently booked a last minute one way msp-iah at 11am, printed the boarding pass and headed to the airport for a 2:30ish flight. Spirit was ~$119 splurged and got an ER aisle for another $18 and didn't need anything more than the personal size item. Delta was almost $700. When it comes out of my pocket, it's hard to be loyal to delta when they keep tearing apart their loyalty program.
Yeah that may be the only situation when I'd consider flying Spirit.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
You will NEVER, ever see me on a Spirit flight ever again.

1x was enough.

In the long run, I got charged more (I had a laptop/briefcase and my overnight bag) than had my employer purchased flights on DL. Employer eventually re-wrote policy based on total lowest fare including "add-ons" to get around Spirit.

What a nightmare that was - besides the fact that we missed the meeting we were supposed to be flying MCO-DFW for in the first place since we were delayed by 6 hours.

Just a terrible experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.