Search

No Pre-Check on BP - First time ever

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM | FB Platinum
No Pre-Check on BP - First time ever

Hi guys,

Just curious. First flight today where I don't get pre-check despite cumulating DM, First, Global Entry and Nexus.

Not sure why? Did they change something. My preferred traveller number is part of the rez.

Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by Gwilly
Hi guys,

Just curious. First flight today where I don't get pre-check despite cumulating DM, First, Global Entry and Nexus.

Not sure why? Did they change something. My preferred traveller number is part of the rez.

Are you flying DL or perhaps one of the international partners that don't participate in Pre-Check?
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
It's not guaranteed.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
It's not guaranteed.
Even with Global Entry, as the OP has? My understanding was that GE guarantees it for domestic flights.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by ryanm
Even with Global Entry, as the OP has? My understanding was that GE guarantees it for domestic flights.
No, it's never guaranteed.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ryanm
Nope, never has. Although in general that's how it happens. Normally the only issue us when my ticket is bought through an OTA. They don't always submit my KTN correctly.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Try checking in again. The pre check flag comes from a DHS computer system and if that system was unavailable at the moment your check in was processed, you won't see pre check on the boarding pass.

Checking in again redrives the query and may work.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:48 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
He may also be selected for secondary screening, or perhaps someone making the reservation fat-fingered something that caused the information to not match his KTN data exactly.

FWIW, being DM and buying F should not have any impact on whether you get precheck or not.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
I agree, when you arrive at the airport (or call before you do) ask them to un check you in and then check you in again. I have DM, First, GE, NEXUS and Viajero Confiable (MX) and the only time I didn't get Pre✔️ This fixed it right away. It's an annoying glitch sorry this happened.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I've had GE since before PreCheck started and only once did I not get PreCheck when it would have been otherwise available. I didn't even look at the BP and just got in the PreCheck lane and was surprised when I didn't get the three beeps. When I said "Sorry, I usually have PreCheck" the agent said one randomly may not get it, to force people to occasionally go thru the standard security.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM | FB Platinum
Thx guys. Will try again at the airport. This is he first time in 5 years and over 500 flights that I did not get it and am just surprised. The rendorme check makes sense. I already tried canceling check in and checked in again and still did not get it. Last chance at airport. We'll see.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
While there is theoretically a random "deselection" and all KTN programs warn of this, as a practical matter you should be at or near 100%.

Too late for today, but here are some things to do.

1. Anecdotally, DHS has tightened the KTN-to-ticket match. Sometimes this matters and sometimes this does not. Why mess around? Thus, the name associated with your KTN should match the name on your ticket exactly. No extra spaces or punctuation. If you use your full middle name on your KTN, you should book your tickets with your full middle name. If your KTN is "JOHN Q CITIZEN" don't book your tickets as "JOHN Q. CITIZEN". This may mean changing your air carrier profiles.

2. Remove your KTN from your profile. Save your profile. Exit out of your browser. Go back in and reenter your KTN, save your browser.

3. Check back in.

4. If you still don't see Pre-Check and this has now ocurred a second time, there may be more than a random problem. That could occur for reasons which may or may not make sense, e.g., your travel patterns or the travel patterns of someone who matches you for some reason or another. But, don't even begin to worry about this.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:37 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Slightly off topic......

PreChek line - not always a bargain.

At PIT on Monday, I was running a little late, and the PreChek line was HUUUUGE! I asked an agent if I could use the first class line instead (yes, flying in F) - and she said - Sorry, I can't allow that. As soon as she walked away, I used the F security line instead of PreChek - no problem. I would've missed the flight.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
Were you traveling with others? The one and only time I didn't get TSA was when I was traveling with a bunch of people on the same PNR. (not sure if it was coincidence)
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
Originally Posted by davetravels
Slightly off topic......

PreChek line - not always a bargain.

At PIT on Monday, I was running a little late, and the PreChek line was HUUUUGE! I asked an agent if I could use the first class line instead (yes, flying in F) - and she said - Sorry, I can't allow that. As soon as she walked away, I used the F security line instead of PreChek - no problem. I would've missed the flight.
For me it is almost always a bargain - I travel with way too many electronics. Not being forced to remove them from my bag is a massive win in terms of time and reorganizing my bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.