Wiki Posts
Search

Moved out of my seat?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL: DM; MR: GE, HH: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Moved out of my seat?

DTW-SAN tonight. Picked 19D about a week ago.

Checked in today, still in 19D, boarding pass printed as such.

Got through security first segment of my flight, and checked the app and website and seat was now Gate Assignment or similar.

Upgrade list said something along the lines of 'You will appear on the upgrade list when the gate agent activates it'.

I had to call Diamond line to get my seat back and it took ~20 minutes on the phone. The guy said he had no idea why I was moved out of my seat and took a supervisor to put me back into it.

Any ideas what happened here?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 4:32 pm

An aircraft swap, even if the ship # gets changed back to the original and there ends up never actually being a swap, can force some seated customers onto the HK list to wait for a seat. If this is what happened, it wasn't shenanigans or done at the airport; you were auto-reaccom'd before the ship # was reinstated. Or, it was Shena.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL: DM; MR: GE, HH: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Originally Posted by Widgets
An aircraft swap, even if the ship # gets changed back to the original and there ends up never actually being a swap, can force some seated customers onto the HK list to wait for a seat. If this is what happened, it wasn't shenanigans or done at the airport; you were auto-reaccom'd before the ship # was reinstated. Or, it was Shena.
Just curious what Shena would be hoping to gain from this? Getting one of her friends into that seat?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
This seems to appear a bit often these days : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...reasons-7.html

At least you managed to get it back ...
Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by esac
Just curious what Shena would be hoping to gain from this? Getting one of her friends into that seat?
It could have been a mistake, or accommodating a customer with a disability, or giving another customer that better seat because that customer sucked up to the GA. The point is, we'll never know
Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Assuming OP is on DL1619, event timeline seems to show possible equipment change --

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...ghtNumber=1619

Last edited by xliioper; Sep 15, 2016 at 9:01 pm
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:55 am

It could have been a mistake, or accommodating a customer with a disability, or giving another customer that better seat because that customer sucked up to the GA. The point is, we'll never know
This has happened to me only once. Expressed my extreme displeasure to the GA, who apologized and then came on the A/C just as the door was closing and gave me a $200 voucher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.