Search

status challenge program

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
status challenge program

Hi,

I used to be a diamond medallion since it was introduced from delta till 2014 when I left my traveling job and i lost my status. Now I'm back to traveling job and I'm wondering if there is a way I can participate a challenge program to earn the status temporarily.

Thanks
Old Sep 14, 2016, 9:45 pm

The status match challenge? Do you have an elevated status on a competing airline?
Old Sep 14, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
What you ought to try to do is contact Delta's district marketing manager for the area where you live, explain your circumstances and see if he can do anything for you.

Delta frequently has targeted promotions where they give away GM status for three round trips taken within a short period (like one month). It wouldn't hurt to ask.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:37 pm

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...challenge.html
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Choice benefits after completing challenge?

I am going to complete a Platinum challenge before the end of January. Will I receive Choice benefits at that time? When will they expire?
Thanks.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mmgm
I am going to complete a Platinum challenge before the end of January. Will I receive Choice benefits at that time? When will they expire?
Thanks.
If you look at the terms of your PM challenge, including presumably an email confirming your enrollment date, is anything said about choice benefits? That's where you should look, as not all DL status challenges are necessarily the same. If this was set up by your employer or associated with a corporate travel contract, ask your travel office.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:21 pm
Original Member

It was set up by Delta and no mention was made of Choice benefits.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Thanks.
When I did my challenge earlier this year, there was nothing in the enrollment e-mail from Delta about Choice benefits, but the website was clear that I would not get the Choice benefits until I finished the challenge successfully. I frankly forgot all about the Choice benefits until recently.

I completed my challenge in August or September and have since qualified for PLT via the "normal" route as well (over 75K MQM + AMEX waiver). I have two sets of choice benefits in my account waiting to be chosen. Choice Benefits 2016 (I presume from the successful challenge) and Choice Benefits 2017 (I presume from qualifying via "normal" methods). Was not expecting that.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was set up by Delta and no mention was made of Choice benefits.
See T&C's here --

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...challenge.html

"Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion Status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met."

In other words, yes you will get access once you meet the challenge requirements.

You will have through Jan 2018 to make the choice as you are earning status for the 2017 program year.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 4:54 pm
Original Member

Thanks.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Here's a question for the gallery:

Will drop to DL dirt 3/1, but will have enough MQM's to be FO at that point, but not enough $$ to be awarded such. Am I eligible for a challenge at that point? I'd crush a PM challenge pretty quickly.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tkey75
Here's a question for the gallery:

Will drop to DL dirt 3/1, but will have enough MQM's to be FO at that point, but not enough $$ to be awarded such. Am I eligible for a challenge at that point? I'd crush a PM challenge pretty quickly.
The challenge requires you show corresponding status on another airline. Which airline would that be?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by LBJ
The challenge requires you show corresponding status on another airline. Which airline would that be?
AA. Got that part covered. I'm just concerned about the not currently having DL status component.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.