Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP Lounge is bad shape

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
MSP lounge restoom is in bad shape

I don't pass through MSP usually but did that yesterday. The Men's room in the Sky Club lounge near Concourse F is down right nasty. I am surprised Delta let it get into this state.

1) The toilet stalls looked like they have not been cleaned for weeks
2) The toilet seats had visible yellow stains that looked like they are baked in and some of the paint are peeling off. I had to put 3 or 4 layers of the seat liners before I was mentally comfortably enough to sit down on it.
3) None of the doors would lock securely. I had to use my foot to "lift up" the door, so the lock hole aligned and allowed me to turn the lock. But then someone went into the next stall and when he closed his door, that minimal energy cause my door to popped and swing open. When I tried to re-close my door, his door popped open... It was comical. The guy then said he would use another empty stall but same thing happen. Those doors are so misaligned, they just don't stay shut and don't stay locked.
4) All but 1 stall did not have a hook on the door panel. You have no place to hang your bag, coat, or whatever.

I've gone allover the world and this definitely ranked as one of the most lousy one of all.

I mentioned the issue to the gal behind the desk and she just said "oh yeah, I heard about that..." Well, how about report it and have it fixed by the facility people. I bet if the lady's room is this bad, she would have make a lot of fuss herself and have it fixed in no time...

Last edited by wlau; Sep 10, 2016 at 3:14 pm
Old Sep 10, 2016, 12:21 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
#3 has me chuckling. I keep picturing some type of a Saturday Nite Live skit and a US Senator at the same airport.

Old Sep 10, 2016, 12:45 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
#3 has me chuckling. I keep picturing some type of a Saturday Nite Live skit and a US Senator at the same airport.

Me too. Who's on First??
Old Sep 10, 2016, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
A Sky Klub bathroom thread. OP, are you, by any chance, related to a Thomas Hudson?
Old Sep 10, 2016, 12:54 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I wonder how the Duke would have written the OP. Anyhoo, I use that restroom often but never to drop a deuce.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Those quirky bathroom stall doors were a request from Larry Craig.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
It's one thing that has always puzzled me, the doors on most US stalls allow you to see in and are just a bad design. Over time they just become useless. Every other country has normal style doors. I've heard more then enough foreigners comment about it to know I'm not alone.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
We need MSPEcon to chime in with a women's' stall update.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by EditingFX
We need MSPEcon to chime in with a women's' stall update.
Not her, but I can tell you that women's bathroom in that sky club is just fine.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Ok, somewhat unrelated... But is that a permanent change in this club to use only (cheap) disposable cups now instead of glassware for wine, cocktails etc?
Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards A+, Delta Diamond Elite, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum, Skyclub Executive
l believe there are 2 skyclub's in MSP.

Can anyone recommend which one is better?
Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mthake

Many like the other SC better, I think it's in C. This was built by NWA not long before the merger and has a much more relaxing vibe than the F club. It has a big fireplace and more of a regional (northern?) design. It also has a changing room, which can be useful (no shower, just a room that you can change in).

The F bathroom is terrible. I think the C is OK. Agree with the comment that this is a widespread problem in the US. The newest DL clubs address this issue, the stalls are fully enclosed rooms using walls and actual doors. Much better.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 11:09 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Both MSP clubs are good for different reasons. The F/G club is brighter with more light, and space, I think. A little flashier, maybe. The C club has a darker, old world feel to it. I can't think of anything noticeably bad about either one to sway you toward the other one.

Personally, I just choose which ever one is closest to my next flight's gate so I can stay til the last minute.

Old Sep 10, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by mthake

The F club has bartenders, the C club is self-service.

Which way is better? I prefer self-serv myself.

YMMV.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by TommyD2
The F club has bartenders, the C club is self-service.

Which way is better? I prefer self-serv myself.

YMMV.
Agreed, unless you want a glass of nice wine or something from the cash bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.