Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Invitation to tea and cake at Delta security office, JFK on Friday 9th September

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Invitation to tea and cake at Delta security office, JFK on Friday 9th September

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer
Classic ^

Don't forget to claim the 2,500 Skypesos for your bag not being delivered within 20 minutes.
If you get 2,500 for 20 mins, that works out at 9 million for 50 days ^
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
Love this. Makes me wish I could do a mile run to see this in action.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Brilliant. Best of luck to you. The staff at the JFK Delta baggage office have, in my experience, the worst customer service skills of all Delta staff I have ever interacted with. I usually like Delta staff, but that office is a real disaster.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
This is charming and all, but pretty indecipherable if you actually are hoping a DL employee can understand what happened to your bag and how to fix the problem.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Best. First post. Ever.
Second post will be about how OP refuses to tip when visiting the colonies, not even when OP is checking curbside...

Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
This is charming and all, but pretty indecipherable if you actually are hoping a DL employee can understand what happened to your bag and how to fix the problem.
Sounds like he's given Delta the prosaic details numerous times already.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I love it!
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
This is arguably the BEST post I have ever read.

If nothing else if I was on the receiving end of this email at Delta I would be falling out of my chair laughing. I would also print it, and hang it up in my cube/office as the best letter I ever received.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, WY Gold, EK Silver
Looks like Delta need to take lessons from "Skyscanner Jen"...
(http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b09f5b5e34a245)

That said, I know the OP and will HAPPILY pay her data roaming for real-time photos of the cake related showdown.
(Although I'm still unsure why they're going to be mini bakewells, rather than proper ones... )
Old Sep 3, 2016, 1:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by cs2thecox
Looks like Delta need to take lessons from "Skyscanner Jen"...
(http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b09f5b5e34a245)

That said, I know the OP and will HAPPILY pay her data roaming for real-time photos of the cake related showdown.
(Although I'm still unsure why they're going to be mini bakewells, rather than proper ones... )
Because Mr Kipling makes exceeeeedingly good mini ones
Old Sep 3, 2016, 1:56 am

Programs: DL DM PM
+100

The best bit is that the bag signed the letter, with its DL-assigned number and a domicile of JFK, NY, NY.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by rickg523
Sounds like he's given Delta the prosaic details numerous times already.
Does Delta even know where the bag is? It's one thing if it's been on-hand at the JFK baggage service office for 33 days. It's another thing if the bag's been "tag off" and lost somewhere. While very rare, bags can get lost forever. More details from the OP on what Delta has said about the bag would be appreciated.

Did Delta say they have located your bag? Or just that they're working on finding it?
Old Sep 3, 2016, 2:36 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by Widgets
Does Delta even know where the bag is? It's one thing if it's been on-hand at the JFK baggage service office for 33 days. It's another thing if the bag's been "tag off" and lost somewhere. While very rare, bags can get lost forever. More details from the OP on what Delta has said about the bag would be appreciated.

Did Delta say they have located your bag? Or just that they're working on finding it?
Sometimes they are lost for ever. Sometimes they are just lazy. Sometimes they are incompetent.

The lazy story for me:
10 years ago my bags didn't show up at FCO. I was staying in southern Tuscany. FCO forward ed them to FLR for delivery because I was in Tuscany (even though I was closer to FCO). FLR said they never got them. FCO said they sent them onward. Called each one for 5 days and got the same story each time.

On day 6 finally went to FLR (which was out of my way and wasted a day of vacation). Went to the airport baggage office. They of course said they didn't have them. I said that was BS. They told me I could come in to look for them. I entered, and found the bags in less than 15 seconds - they were right next to the agent's desk, less than 2 feet away from the phone I had been talking to them on all week.

And now, the incompetent story:
My wife just got off the phone with the AF baggage delivery people. We're on day 28 of missing an item. We checked 4 items, bags tagged x76, x77, x78, and a carseat x79 and filed a missing bags report with all four included and accurately described. They delivered all the bags x76, x77, x78 after a two day delay. But carseat x79 was not included.

In their tracking system, they entered that x76, x77, and x79 were handed off to the delivery company, with x78 unknown. We've been telling them for several weeks that they'll never be able to find x78 and they need to look for a carseat tagged x79. They kept insisting that they already delivered a bag tagged x79 and if were were looking for x79 we needed to talk to the delivery people as they had been given it. They kept insisting that they were looking at the airport for x78. It took about 10 calls to convince them that their tracking information was wrong and that they were looking for the wrong item. Supposedly the carseat will be delivered this afternoon.

Editting to Add:

It finally showed up this afternoon - Saturday, September 3. We checked it in on the morning of Friday, August 5th.

Last edited by SEA-Flyer; Sep 3, 2016 at 8:11 am
Old Sep 4, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Unbelievable - hope you get your bag back soon!
Old Sep 4, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
(1) Awesome first post!
(2) And airlines wonder why nobody wants to check luggage...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.