FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Skyclub coming to Phx - to open 1/8/19 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1786594-skyclub-coming-phx-open-1-8-19-a.html)

comptr Aug 24, 2016 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Saj8986 (Post 27114110)
Currently T3 at PHX sucks IMO. After security there is one option for a sit down meal with an adult beverage option sucks...The Tex-mex menu isn't bad...but to have 1 sit down place...really. Can't wait for the expansion. SC opened in DEN earlier and now PHX down the road. I'm liking this cause it fits into my travels.

Yes the food options in Terminal 3 suck. I hope they add more then the tex-mex place, Wendy's, and Starbucks.

james318 Aug 24, 2016 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by nevansm (Post 27114659)
Since I don't have the time or info to research it... With this announcement and opening of DEN, what are the top 5 DL domestic destinations by seats that don't have a club? Off the top of my head guesses (In no order)... CLE IAH MCI STL ....

LAS is way up there, I'd assume.

Flaneurs Aug 24, 2016 10:13 pm

+1 for T3 PHX needs better food options. Also happy to hear about the potential SC but my regular flights there will end by 2018 so it doesn't do me any good personally. While thinking on the subject, anybody have any idea which SC is at the airport with the smallest number by seats?

Zorak Aug 24, 2016 10:36 pm

Since I don't have the time or info to research it... With this announcement and opening of DEN, what are the top 5 DL domestic destinations by seats that don't have a club? Off the top of my head guesses (In no order)... CLE IAH MCI STL ....

related:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ed-size-3.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...er-lounge.html

355F1 Aug 24, 2016 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by kop84 (Post 27112737)
I didn't look at every single day, but I spot checked the days I thought it would be most likely to see a wide-body from MSP. Right around Thanksgiving, X-mas Eve Eve, a few Fridays in Feb/March, but nadda this year.

Frequency went up from 5 today to 7 most of the winter and there is some upgauging a couple of the flights MD90's and 737's to more 757's...with a few MD90's/739's mixed in.

But at least on the day's I check no WB's from MSP/PHX this winter :(

I flew on a 767 last winter either DTW or MSP to PHX.

N830MH Aug 25, 2016 12:03 am

Originally Posted by FC flyer (Post 27111784)
Just told by a gate agent. Will open in 2018.

Oh, finally!!! I'm waiting for a long time. So now, The Sky Club is back! YAY!!!

Originally Posted by comptr (Post 27115257)
Yes the food options in Terminal 3 suck. I hope they add more then the tex-mex place, Wendy's, and Starbucks.

Don't worry! They will change the concessions. You won't even see Wendy's, Starbucks and a few others, as well.

N830MH Aug 25, 2016 12:12 am

Originally Posted by jrkmsp (Post 27112020)
That timeline makes sense with the T3 modernization that's supposed to wrap up in 2018. Here's a video of the work underway, if anyone hasn't seen it:

PHX Terminal Modernization Program - YouTube

Actually, this is old video, but we already have a new video for terminal 3 modernization.

The security checkpoints will be consolidated, new ticket counter, new retails, new concessions, a new concourse, and new exit controls door, as well as new baggage carousels. You don't have to leave from the entire concourse. You can stay inside at security.

readywhenyouare Aug 25, 2016 12:44 am

This is long overdue. I find PHX to be a pleasant airport in general but Delta's airside just seems so secluded.

minnyfly Aug 25, 2016 12:59 am

Nice addition. Last time I was in PHX, I paid my respects outside the old RCC.

Originally Posted by kop84 (Post 27112737)
But at least on the day's I check no WB's from MSP/PHX this winter :(

Sadly I'm sure all the domestic 763 retirements by this fall have ended that run.

Originally Posted by Saj8986 (Post 27114110)
Currently T3 at PHX sucks IMO.

That it does. It badly needs a refresh. Nothing about it is nice.

northwesterner Aug 25, 2016 1:06 am

All the hate for T3 at PHX. I fly out of there on occasion, including tomorrow morning.

Its not that bad. Go straight in, security lines are a breeze and at the top of the escalator, plus most of the gates are within a minute of walking in.

Yeah, the food and bev options aren't great. But the terminal doesn't get crowded, and I don't spend much time there. T2 and T3 at Sky Harbor aren't fancy, by any means, and I wouldn't want to spend hours there waiting on a delay ... but for they're small enough I can walk up an hour before departure and be at my gate in a blink of an eye.

Compare that to T4, where the security lines can be long and the walks to/from the gates even longer...

Dawgfan6291 Aug 25, 2016 2:25 am

With PHX/DEN getting clubs it should be something like
LAS
RSW
CLT*
STL
MCI
AUS

*I listed 6 because my understanding is a CLT club is also on the way.
Pretty sure places like BDL, CMH, PIT, IAH, BWI would be next in line.

TechMarauder Aug 25, 2016 5:44 am

Im not sure where they would put an IAH lounge but it would be well received!

Dawgfan6291 Aug 25, 2016 5:53 am

Originally Posted by TechMarauder (Post 27116475)
Im not sure where they would put an IAH lounge but it would be well received!

That is the problem with a few cities. MCI, STL, IAH and even LAS should all have SkyClubs. The problem is where do they put it?

TrojanTraveler Aug 25, 2016 6:55 am

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare (Post 27115881)
This is long overdue. I find PHX to be a pleasant airport in general but Delta's airside just seems so secluded.

I find the GAs in PHX to be a cut above DL's GAs elsewhere.

DiverDave Aug 26, 2016 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler (Post 27113825)
I thought it was brilliant.

:cool: Thank you.

Also, I love Demolition Man.

http://redsarmy.com/wp-content/uploa...to-himself.jpg

David