FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Skyclub coming to Phx - to open 1/8/19 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1786594-skyclub-coming-phx-open-1-8-19-a.html)

FC flyer Aug 24, 2016 6:56 am

Skyclub coming to Phx - to open 1/8/19

Just told by a gate agent. Will open in 2018.

jrkmsp Aug 24, 2016 7:55 am

Originally Posted by FC flyer (Post 27111784)
Just told by a gate agent. Will open in 2018.

That timeline makes sense with the T3 modernization that's supposed to wrap up in 2018. Here's a video of the work underway, if anyone hasn't seen it:

AdamJaz Aug 24, 2016 7:58 am

This is excellent news. While there is a Priority Pass option, it's inaccessible due to security separation of terminals. It has been brought up in other threads that it's peculiar there's no Sky Club at PHX. It's a market served by widebody service to hubs (DTW, MSP), many red-eye flights (ATL, DTW, MSP?, and seasonally JFK), and international flights marketed as "direct" (Manchester via JFK).

DiverDave Aug 24, 2016 8:53 am

Originally Posted by AdamJaz (Post 27112032)
This is excellent news. While there is a Priority Pass option, it's inaccessible due to security separation of terminals. It has been brought up in other threads that it's peculiar there's no Sky Club at PHX. It's a market served by widebody service to hubs (DTW, MSP), many red-eye flights (ATL, DTW, MSP?, and seasonally JFK), and international flights marketed as "direct" (Manchester via JFK).

Not peculiar at all. Delta closed the Crown Room Club in Phoenix in 2008 as part of the great Crown Room Club massacre.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/trave...-lounges_N.htm

So 10 years later, it will emerge from the ashes so to speak. :cool:

David

DCAflyer81 Aug 24, 2016 9:27 am

What widebody service to DTW and MSP? Certainly none on today's schedule.

kop84 Aug 24, 2016 9:39 am

Originally Posted by DCAflyer81 (Post 27112462)
What widebody service to DTW and MSP? Certainly none on today's schedule.

The only widebody I can find on the schedule is Nov-March from ATL, x1 daily 330 service, as I imagine demand for PHX is far greater in the winter than in August!

But not even wide-body service from MSP for snowbirds around X-Mas.

jrkmsp Aug 24, 2016 9:45 am

Originally Posted by kop84 (Post 27112524)
The only widebody I can find on the schedule is Nov-March from ATL, x1 daily 330 service, as I imagine demand for PHX is far greater in the winter than in August!

But not even wide-body service from MSP for snowbirds around X-Mas.

I can't speak to the upcoming schedule, but in winters past it has been common for MSP-PHX to see domestic 763s and even A333s in key time channels.

StayingHomeIsBetter Aug 24, 2016 9:57 am

Originally Posted by DiverDave (Post 27112297)
Not peculiar at all. Delta closed the Crown Room Club in Phoenix in 2008 as part of the great Crown Room Club massacre.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/trave...-lounges_N.htm

So 10 years later, it will emerge from the ashes so to speak. :cool:

David

I saw what you did there. :D^

kop84 Aug 24, 2016 10:16 am

Originally Posted by jrkmsp (Post 27112549)
I can't speak to the upcoming schedule, but in winters past it has been common for MSP-PHX to see domestic 763s and even A333s in key time channels.

I didn't look at every single day, but I spot checked the days I thought it would be most likely to see a wide-body from MSP. Right around Thanksgiving, X-mas Eve Eve, a few Fridays in Feb/March, but nadda this year.

Frequency went up from 5 today to 7 most of the winter and there is some upgauging a couple of the flights MD90's and 737's to more 757's...with a few MD90's/739's mixed in.

But at least on the day's I check no WB's from MSP/PHX this winter :(

TrojanTraveler Aug 24, 2016 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 27112626)
I saw what you did there. :D^

I thought it was brilliant.

flyerCO Aug 24, 2016 2:14 pm

It's accessible, however you have to clear security twice is the problem.

Saj8986 Aug 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Currently T3 at PHX sucks IMO. After security there is one option for a sit down meal with an adult beverage option sucks...The Tex-mex menu isn't bad...but to have 1 sit down place...really. Can't wait for the expansion. SC opened in DEN earlier and now PHX down the road. I'm liking this cause it fits into my travels.

nevansm Aug 24, 2016 5:30 pm

Since I don't have the time or info to research it... With this announcement and opening of DEN, what are the top 5 DL domestic destinations by seats that don't have a club? Off the top of my head guesses (In no order)... CLE IAH MCI STL ....

dzflyer Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by nevansm (Post 27114659)
Since I don't have the time or info to research it... With this announcement and opening of DEN, what are the top 5 DL domestic destinations by seats that don't have a club? Off the top of my head guesses (In no order)... CLE IAH MCI STL ....

CMH

yohanson Aug 24, 2016 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by jrkmsp (Post 27112549)

I've flown redeye's PHX-MSP on 763s many times. I believe in the winter/early spring.