Skyclub coming to Phx - to open 1/8/19

Old Aug 24, 16, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, MM
Skyclub coming to Phx - to open 1/8/19

Just told by a gate agent. Will open in 2018.
Old Aug 24, 16, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FC flyer View Post
Just told by a gate agent. Will open in 2018.
That timeline makes sense with the T3 modernization that's supposed to wrap up in 2018. Here's a video of the work underway, if anyone hasn't seen it:

Old Aug 24, 16, 8:58 am

Programs: Delta Diamond
This is excellent news. While there is a Priority Pass option, it's inaccessible due to security separation of terminals. It has been brought up in other threads that it's peculiar there's no Sky Club at PHX. It's a market served by widebody service to hubs (DTW, MSP), many red-eye flights (ATL, DTW, MSP?, and seasonally JFK), and international flights marketed as "direct" (Manchester via JFK).
Old Aug 24, 16, 9:53 am

Programs: DL FO 1.4MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
Originally Posted by AdamJaz View Post
This is excellent news. While there is a Priority Pass option, it's inaccessible due to security separation of terminals. It has been brought up in other threads that it's peculiar there's no Sky Club at PHX. It's a market served by widebody service to hubs (DTW, MSP), many red-eye flights (ATL, DTW, MSP?, and seasonally JFK), and international flights marketed as "direct" (Manchester via JFK).
Not peculiar at all. Delta closed the Crown Room Club in Phoenix in 2008 as part of the great Crown Room Club massacre.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/trave...-lounges_N.htm

So 10 years later, it will emerge from the ashes so to speak.

David
Old Aug 24, 16, 10:27 am

Programs: DL (ex-NW) Plat pining for self-serve WC's and real cheese
What widebody service to DTW and MSP? Certainly none on today's schedule.
Old Aug 24, 16, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by DCAflyer81 View Post
What widebody service to DTW and MSP? Certainly none on today's schedule.
The only widebody I can find on the schedule is Nov-March from ATL, x1 daily 330 service, as I imagine demand for PHX is far greater in the winter than in August!

But not even wide-body service from MSP for snowbirds around X-Mas.
Old Aug 24, 16, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kop84 View Post
The only widebody I can find on the schedule is Nov-March from ATL, x1 daily 330 service, as I imagine demand for PHX is far greater in the winter than in August!

But not even wide-body service from MSP for snowbirds around X-Mas.
I can't speak to the upcoming schedule, but in winters past it has been common for MSP-PHX to see domestic 763s and even A333s in key time channels.
Old Aug 24, 16, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DiverDave View Post
Not peculiar at all. Delta closed the Crown Room Club in Phoenix in 2008 as part of the great Crown Room Club massacre.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/trave...-lounges_N.htm

So 10 years later, it will emerge from the ashes so to speak.

David
I saw what you did there. ^
Old Aug 24, 16, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by jrkmsp View Post
I can't speak to the upcoming schedule, but in winters past it has been common for MSP-PHX to see domestic 763s and even A333s in key time channels.
I didn't look at every single day, but I spot checked the days I thought it would be most likely to see a wide-body from MSP. Right around Thanksgiving, X-mas Eve Eve, a few Fridays in Feb/March, but nadda this year.

Frequency went up from 5 today to 7 most of the winter and there is some upgauging a couple of the flights MD90's and 737's to more 757's...with a few MD90's/739's mixed in.

But at least on the day's I check no WB's from MSP/PHX this winter
Old Aug 24, 16, 3:05 pm

Programs: DM/2MM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter View Post
I saw what you did there. ^
I thought it was brilliant.
Old Aug 24, 16, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
It's accessible, however you have to clear security twice is the problem.
Old Aug 24, 16, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
Currently T3 at PHX sucks IMO. After security there is one option for a sit down meal with an adult beverage option sucks...The Tex-mex menu isn't bad...but to have 1 sit down place...really. Can't wait for the expansion. SC opened in DEN earlier and now PHX down the road. I'm liking this cause it fits into my travels.
Old Aug 24, 16, 6:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Since I don't have the time or info to research it... With this announcement and opening of DEN, what are the top 5 DL domestic destinations by seats that don't have a club? Off the top of my head guesses (In no order)... CLE IAH MCI STL ....
Old Aug 24, 16, 9:21 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by nevansm View Post
Since I don't have the time or info to research it... With this announcement and opening of DEN, what are the top 5 DL domestic destinations by seats that don't have a club? Off the top of my head guesses (In no order)... CLE IAH MCI STL ....
CMH
Old Aug 24, 16, 9:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by jrkmsp View Post
I've flown redeye's PHX-MSP on 763s many times. I believe in the winter/early spring.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: