Wiki Posts
Search

Crediting Delta flights to Saudia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2016, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, UA
Crediting Delta flights to Saudia

I mainly fly Delta with discounted economy fares (other metal besides Alaska doesn't make sense where I am at), but I hate the $based RDM accrual scheme and am looking for a better option.

I am almost wholly interested in accruing miles for redemption on international flights (probably economy).

Does anyone have any experience crediting Delta flights to Saudia? It looks like they still award 100% flown miles on all fare classes except E.

It looks like redemption charts are fairly similar to Alaska's, which credits Delta's discount economy fares at 50% miles flown.

I am mostly looking for information as to how hard Saudia makes it to redeem on SkyTeam parters at the published award levels. You do have to book partner flights over the phone, and I'm wondering if their availability is decent. Anything I'm missing? Status is nice, but I care more about accumulating RDM's than anything else at this point.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I don't have experience with SV's FF program, so I'm not sure about this specific case. But the general rule of thumb is that if you have frequent flyer on airline X and you want to redeem them on one of their partners, airline Y, airline Y must have the seat available at their lowest possible rate. So in this case, you could only redeem SV miles on DL flights if DL is offering the seat at the lowest possible rate, which does not happen all that often.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.