Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Looking for DM to help w exec SkyClub upgrade terms

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED

Hi

In June I paid cash to upgrade my comp DM indiv SkyClub membership to exec. At the time, I was under the impression that this was a 1 yr upgrade. At the time, i didn't think much of the Jan 2017 expiry as I'd not yet requal'd for DM2017. I since have and have asked DL to fix it to extend the full 12 months since I paid full price.

They now say that even cash only upgrades through the medallion year.

I do not recall this on the website and cannot go back to see what it says because I no longer have the upgrade option.

Can a fellow DM take a look and let me know what the terms say. Any pics would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Oh. Just to add they also note that they do not prorate the fee. So even if you upgrade in November you will pay full price for only 2+ months. Beware.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
Delta Sky Club Executive Membership Upgrade

Members who qualify for Diamond Medallion status may use one of their Choice Benefits selections to upgrade from an Individual to an Executive Delta Sky Club Membership. The Executive upgrade will be applied to the oldest issued Individual Membership and the member will receive an Executive Membership for the amount of time between Choice Benefits selection and the end of the 2016 Medallion year (January 31, 2017) for 2016 selections, and the end of the 2017 Medallion year (January 31, 2018) for 2017 selections

https://www.delta.com/choicebenefits/.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks but that is for choice benefits. I upgraded with cash.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 7:15 pm

Not sure if this helps, but this is all I could find. I have an exec membership that expires Sept 4, 2016, my Individual membership will take effect and expire Aug 8, 2018. Not sure how all this is determined, but this is my option--it's in my Wallet:

MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL OPTIONS

Alert
Your active Membership Expires Sep 04, 2016

Alert
Your future Membership(s) Expire(s) Aug 08, 2018

Looking for a retreat where you can work or relax before your flight? Let Delta Sky Club be your destination between destinations. With locations around the world, the Club offers complimentary cocktails, healthy food options, free Wi-Fi and more.

Fewer Details

Your Club experience - whether you work, relax or play - is up to you. And membership options are equally as accomodating. The Club offers two membership choices, so you can select the best one for you:

•Executive Membership

Includes unlimited Club access for the member and up to two guests per visit. This membership is a great option if frequent guest access is important to you.
One-Year Rate: $695.00, 110,000 miles or $59.99 for 12 monthly installments.*

•Individual Membership

Includes unlimited Club access for the member only. Individual Members may bring up to two guests to the Club at the rate of $29.00 per guest per visit. This membership is perfect if you typically travel alone and rarely need guest access.
One-Year Rate: $450.00, 70,000 miles or $39.99 for 12 monthly installments.*

*Payment plan requires a one-year contract and initiation fee. See Terms and Conditions.Opens in a new tab

PROMOTIONAL CODE

APPLY CODE

One-Year Executive Membership
Valid through Aug 08, 2019

$695.00 per year

110,000 miles per year

One-Year Individual Membership
Valid through Aug 08, 2019

$450.00 per year

70,000 miles per year
Old Aug 14, 2016, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. I think you'll need to be a complimentary Individual member to see the $295 upgrade terms.

I thought it too had said yearly rate.

Thank you so much for taking the time.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 7:45 pm

I'm not too good with posting on this website so let me do a little clarification. I've already qualified for diamond for next year. I had a comp exec membership that expires Sept. 4. There was no other information other than what I copied and pasted. It definitely states that the memberships would be valid through Aug 8, 2019,but does that mean if I opted for the exec membership, I would only pay either $695 or 110,000 miles, and have an exec membership from now till Aug 8, 2019?

Not sure if any of this makes sense, but hopes it helps a little.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:46 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jsbh
Thank you. I think you'll need to be a complimentary Individual member to see the $295 upgrade terms.
I have comped individual SC membership via DM status and have never had an exec membership. This is what I currently see at https://www.delta.com/skyclub/purcha...Request.action

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 22.43.06.png
Views: 540
Size:  98.2 KB
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Thank you Zorak. This is PERFECT!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:52 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
I have comped individual SC membership via DM status and have never had an exec membership. This is what I currently see at https://www.delta.com/skyclub/purcha...Request.action

Attachment 17246
This is consistent with my understanding based on talking to DL personnel. I upgraded to the Exec membership with cash the last 2 years (could expense the upgrade) and was told it was through medallion year only. The lack of a true 1 year upgrade makes sense to me because of members who don't requalify for DM but prorating the fee would be a customer-friendly move and almost certainly get more takers who would renew.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

It is also a matter of truth in advertising. I completely understand the expiration coinciding with the medallion year. But to include a per annum price and then charge full price for less than one year is problematic.

They should really just take "per year" off the price altogether to fix the problem going forward.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Let the Buyer Beware!

Just to close the loop on this, despite advising Delta of their false advertising of a "per year" price, they have responded with what looks like a final, curt reply:

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry you are disappointed with our policies.

Respectfully your request is not honored to prorate the fees.
So... to any/all who are looking to pay to upgrade... know what you're getting into.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:39 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jsbh
Just to close the loop on this, despite advising Delta of their false advertising of a "per year" price, they have responded with what looks like a final, curt reply:
I don't know that I'd go as far as calling it false advertising, so much as maybe bad website copy. Although it says "per year" it also clearly says "valid through [date]".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.