Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LGA Marine Air Terminal - public transport to get there

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM. 1MM

I booked a flight LGA-ORD for tomorrow and just realized that shuttle flight departs out of the LGA Marine Terminal A.

I'm looking for the best/fastest way to get to Marine Terminal from Upper Manhattan. About a 10 min walk from M60.

I see two good options but maybe I'm missing something?
1) M60-SBS to Terminal D then transfer to the Route Red Bus to Terminal A
2) subway to Queens Roosevelt Avenue then transfer to Q47 which goes direct to Terminal A.

Both of these options look like about 1hr 15 minutes. Is there a better way?

Last edited by mridley2; Aug 12, 2016 at 11:20 am
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL PM / MM, Nat'l EE
Originally Posted by mridley2
I booked a flight LGA-ORD for tomorrow and just realized that shuttle flight departs out of the LGA Marine Terminal A.

I'm looking for the best/fastest way to get to Marine Terminal from Manhattan.

2) subway to Queens Roosevelt Avenue then transfer to Q47 which goes direct to Terminal A.

Both of these options look like about 1hr 15 minutes. Is there a better way?
Also consider NYC Airporter that will take you from Penn Station, Grand Central Station or Port Authority to all LGA terminals. http://www.nycairporter.com/Schedule...psLocator.aspx
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:24 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
If you'll be traveling between terminals, give yourself extra time. I haven't seen it myself yet, but I've started hearing that due to the commencement of construction at LGA, it's taking an extra long time to get from terminal to terminal.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Take the N/Q to Astoria and then hop in a cab (there are usually a bunch waiting where the M60 stops). Cabwill be like $5-7 and so quick.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Take the N/Q to Astoria and then hop in a cab (there are usually a bunch waiting where the M60 stops). Cabwill be like $5-7 and so quick.
Are there cabs usually there now? It was years ago, but I tried this once and ended up having to wait for a bus.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by mridley2
The M60 goes direct to MAT, no need to change, though you tour the rest of the terminals before you get there.

The best option probably depends on where in Manhattan you're leaving from, and when.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by dw
If you'll be traveling between terminals, give yourself extra time. I haven't seen it myself yet, but I've started hearing that due to the commencement of construction at LGA, it's taking an extra long time to get from terminal to terminal.
From C and D, it's already gotten bad to get on the GCP. Relatedly, I was waiting for a LGA-ORD flight two weeks ago, and overhead many of the FAs complaining how long it took them to get to the MAT. I think they had come over from C/D.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Are there cabs usually there now? It was years ago, but I tried this once and ended up having to wait for a bus.
Yep! A bunch....they've realized and seen people desperate to make their flight because by the time the M60 comes off the bridge it's already packed to the brim.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:49 pm

Yep! A bunch....they've realized and seen people desperate to make their flight because by the time the M60 comes off the bridge it's already packed to the brim.
Thanks! Good to know. If the FDR is backed up that would be a great option. Not to mention much cheaper than a cab from the city.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Thanks! Good to know. If the FDR is backed up that would be a great option. Not to mention much cheaper than a cab from the city.
Yep on a Friday afternoon I always opt for this option or the E train if going to JFK.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:02 pm

Yep on a Friday afternoon I always opt for this option or the E train if going to JFK.
I nearly always take the E train/Airtrain when heading out to JFK. Far more predictable than going by road.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:10 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I would recommend taking the E or F subway to Roosevelt Avenue (quick, both of those lines run express in Queens) and then getting a taxi from there. There are almost always taxis lurking around the station, especially green "boro" taxis that can't pick up in Manhattan so tend to hang out around outer borough transit hubs but charge the same rates as yellow taxis.

The M60 should be avoided at all costs though. It is slow and overcrowded, and unless you are originating in Harlem it's not actually any more convenient than the other airport buses; people just get some comfort from the idea that it goes to Manhattan. The Q70 is superior to the M60 in every way for most passengers ... except that it doesn't go to the MAT, so doesn't work for this particular passenger.

You can also take the Q47 direct from Roosevelt Avenue subway station to the MAT, but it will be a fairly slow ride.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I nearly always take the E train/Airtrain when heading out to JFK. Far more predictable than going by road.
Agreed, and the E/F to Jackson Heights for the Q70 is usually fairly predictable as well, though not helpful for the MAT I suppose.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Agreed, and the E/F to Jackson Heights for the Q70 is usually fairly predictable as well, though not helpful for the MAT I suppose.
How long does the Q70 take to get from JH to Terminal D?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by bennos
The M60 goes direct to MAT, no need to change, though you tour the rest of the terminals before you get there.

The best option probably depends on where in Manhattan you're leaving from, and when.
The M60 is no longer stopping at Marine Air Terminal due to construction at LGA. (All LGA bus lines have been modified in one form or another).

OP can either take the Q47 from Jackson Heights / Roosevelt Ave to Terminal A(MAT) or take another bus to Terminal B (now the first stop for the other routes) and then catch the LGA airport internal bus to Terminal A. (Note: the Terminal B stop has moved to the upper departure level)

http://laguardiaairport.com/news/cha...-at-laguardia/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.