Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL starting 2X BOS-SFO (June 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I have to admit I did not see this one coming. I'm not complaining, however.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by Kacee
Absolutely. This is a prime market for UA with its SFO hub and a pretty bold move by DL.
Perhaps they are thinking about it more as a competitive response to AS who will inherit the route from VX.

B6 mint still wins the day here for me. If they went with the int'l '57s (perhaps possible with greater utilization of widebodies for the SFO-JFK flights), then DL would win the day easily.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I also hope that this is a sign that DL wants to beef up their SFO operation in general.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I also hope that this is a sign that DL wants to beef up their SFO operation in general.
I'd say the brand new, and very nice, SFO SkyClub was the first sign of this.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BostonPlanesAndTrains
I believe that PMAA is moving to PMUS sometime between now and when all these flights startAA will use B4-18 and ... WN will move to ex. PMAA and control those gates.
I can't either confirm or deny most of this, except that WN's presence at A Terminal is supposed to be temporary. So this would make sense. I assume there will be more shuffling when the former WN gates in E Terminal re-open. I don't think they're marked for Southwest, but could wind up hosting other airlines that open up other options for Southwest.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
I can't either confirm or deny most of this, except that WN's presence at A Terminal is supposed to be temporary. So this would make sense. I assume there will be more shuffling when the former WN gates in E Terminal re-open. I don't think they're marked for Southwest, but could wind up hosting other airlines that open up other options for Southwest.
These gates are already re-opened and being used as a mix of international and B6 gates.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Madness. Yields will be a disaster.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Madness. Yields will be a disaster.
DL doesn't start routes randomly. Their data must show that this route could be successful. Could see it going to only once a day though.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 5:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WWads
DL doesn't start routes randomly. Their data must show that this route could be successful. Could see it going to only once a day though.
Agreed. A route with a stage length like this isn't something DL would start willy nilly. They know something we obviously don't and are going after it. I think DL has to do 2x daily minimum (1x Sat possibly) in order to be competitive. Every other player on the route is minimum 2x daily.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by WWads
Maybe they're just sick of giving me the extra MQM and D1 UGs
from all the times I've done BOS -> SFO RT through JFK over the last few years ;-)

..though I still sometimes fly through JFK to LAX today, since D1 is so much better than domestic F on these TCONs...
Old Aug 7, 2016, 5:58 pm
Suspended

The route can be very succesful with $99 ow fares
Old Aug 7, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
If they are flying 757's my guess is that they think they can make money selling domestic F, which they probably can at least from people originating in SFO.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Well from the times it looks like they're using the same equip on a quick-turn around for BOS-SFO-BOS, so not much chance of the morning SFO flight getting moved up to allow for tatl connections unless they shift the BOS morning departure to 6am... and even then it would be tight.

Could be some pretty cheap fares here with the competition that already has premium cabins. The DL 757 refurb is nothing to write about, and I can see that doing quite poor on the redeye without a heavy discount.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would be nice to be able to connect to the SFO-NRT flight.....
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Would be nice to be able to connect to the SFO-NRT flight.....
IF there was such a DL flight (or SkyTeam partner) it would be nice. But since there's not....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.