Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade not honored - no reason

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pvn
Having a confirmed seat given away to someone else is a much bigger deal that an upgrade where you never had a F assignment not being processed correctly.
No it isn't.

I would word your statement differently. For "someone else," I would substitute "the rightful owner," and I would reach a different conclusion based on the realization that the principle "finders keepers" isn't supposed to be followed.

Last edited by Carl Johnson; Jul 25, 2016 at 4:38 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I would think the RUC should be returned and who-ever processed the upgrade list retrained.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:37 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
No it isn't.

I would word your statement different. For "someone else," I would substitute "the rightful owner," and I would reach a different conclusion based on the realization that the principle "finders keepers" isn't supposed to be followed.
Well, nobody owns a seat on the plane, but I think you misunderstood my post anyway.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:42 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pvn
Well, nobody owns a seat on the plane, but I think you misunderstood my post anyway.
I understood your post perfectly, but I would argue as follows:

Having a wrongfully confirmed seat taken away and given to the passenger who should rightfully been confirmed into it is not as big a deal as being wrongfully denied an upgrade where you never had the F assignment that you rightfully should have had.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
FYI - Y fares don't trump medallion status anymore for upgrades. A DM on a low fare will be higher than a PM on a full Y fare now.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:48 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
I understood your post perfectly, but I would argue as follows:

Having a wrongfully confirmed seat taken away and given to the passenger who should rightfully been confirmed into it is not as big a deal as being wrongfully denied an upgrade where you never had the F assignment that you rightfully should have had.
Yeah, you didn't understand my post. The "confirmed seat" in my post was not a "wrongfully" assigned seat. I was referring to appleguru who was in paid F with a confirmed seat that was reassigned because the gate agent assumed they wouldn't make the connection when in fact there was still a possibility that they would (and did).
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Allan38103
Whoever wrote this headline should reconsider its content.

QUOTE:

she said "they didn't book my ticket correctly, because I paid H fare but was showing a Y-fare"..

OP was given a "reason". He just didn't like what he was told.
AFAIK, paid/flown is how the system has been supposed to work since about 2014. A rebooking agent will often push a low fare class change to Y during IRROPS in order get better inventory options.

The 2014 rules closed a loophole where someone flying deep discount coach who hit an IRROPS issue that resulted in them getting pushed into a higher fare class as part of rebooking getting multiplier miles for that higher fare class instead of the fare class they paid for. I suspect that you're supposed to still be H rather than Y for general upgrade purposes but it seems like the certificate should have trumped that.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pvn
Based on your previous performance, I'm going to guess that "whether you're OK with it" and "whether you stand to gain or lose from it" just happen to coincide.
You mean the performance where others agreed with me and you were referred to as a troll (which you are). That performance? I'll help you out and show you that others even agreed - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-delta-22.html

Post 327

Now who agreed with you at all?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:18 pm
pvn
Suspended

Yeah, the guy posting from three different accounts agreed with you.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pvn
Yeah, the guy posting from three different accounts agreed with you.
Miserable Troll. I'm done with you.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:00 am
pvn
Suspended

Oh no!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Well, this thread is going to hell quickly.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
No, it's just going to purgatory (closure).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.