Wiki Posts
Search

Comfort+ middle seat

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
Comfort+ middle seat

So annoying getting "upgraded" to a middle seat. Is there any plans to fix the upgrade functionality to be able to opt out of middle seat upgrades?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by micstatic
So annoying getting "upgraded" to a middle seat. Is there any plans to fix the upgrade functionality to be able to opt out of middle seat upgrades?
There are threads on this topic already.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by micstatic
This is why I have that option turned off. I have even called and had them remove it when it has been turned on by accident or a glitch in their system.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Highly doubt it. They're still working out kinks in the C+ upgrade process. Adding in a complicated extra layer is the last thing on their minds I'm sure. Especially since it would take $ for employees to get the coding written/tested/online.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Had this issue yesterday... changed ticket home to one day earlier. Waiting for second flight out of MSP, an angel of an agent in the C-SC helped me out. I was 5 on the First UG List with 4 seats available, had an aisle seat in the back. The agent told me there were six seats available in C+, I'd be first on the C+ list, there were three aisles, two windows and middle seat in C+. I was still concerned I'd be in the middle seat. She said the system is supposed to clear C+ aisle, windows and middle, in that order, so she felt confident I would not be in the middle seat. She said she'd put me on the C+ UG list, keep an eye on it and try to make sure I didn't wind up in the middle seat. A few minutes later, she found me, handed me a BP and told me one more seat opened in F, so the C+ middle seat wound up not being an issue.

Some takeaways: This was one of the most on-the-ball agents I've ever encountered (H****), and the other agents treated her as the expert. She said she has been told the system cannot be programmed to avoid the middle seat issue. She also provided the pecking order above on the order in which the C+ seats should be released. She also encouraged me to email DL this morning, saying that the employees can bring things to the attention of the PTB, but they tend to listen to Medallions more, especially when many Medallions are providing the same feedback.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Highly doubt it. They're still working out kinks in the C+ upgrade process. Adding in a complicated extra layer is the last thing on their minds I'm sure. Especially since it would take $ for employees to get the coding written/tested/online.
What is this cost of testing the code? DL doesn't do that.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What is this cost of testing the code? DL doesn't do that.
It'd be laughable to suggest any other company even a quarter of the size of DL didn't test their code. Lest, it's DL, and you're right, testing isn't in their vocabulary.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:52 am

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
I don't understand why this is such a big deal for folks. I make reservations through delta.com and choose a seat in the back, then once it is booked I go back in and make my own C+ seat selection. What's the big deal?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:57 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
DM/PM have access to C+ seats as early as the time of booking; the lower ranks have to clear into it (and, possibly, into a middle seat).

The wiki in the master thread on this topic covers this. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...16-2016-a.html
Old Jul 22, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
DM/PM have access to C+ seats as early as the time of booking; the lower ranks have to clear into it (and, possibly, into a middle seat).

The wiki in the master thread on this topic covers this. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...16-2016-a.html
I get that, thanks for the explanation. Makes sense now.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Scott H
I don't understand why this is such a big deal for folks. I make reservations through delta.com and choose a seat in the back, then once it is booked I go back in and make my own C+ seat selection. What's the big deal?
Works great as long as there's a non-middle C+ seat to move to. However it can suck, when you get assigned into a middle C+ when you had a seat like 21A on the 739 with no seat in front of you. Chances are the seat is already re-assigned by the time you realize you're in a C+ middle with no other choice.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian

I don't let DL ""clear" me into a middle seat. When I'm eligible I'll select a C+ seat if I want it the same as a DM, it's just at a different time.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Scott H
I get that, thanks for the explanation. Makes sense now.
Even DM and PM cannot select C+ once the seating chart goes under gate control, so requesting an UG can be chancy on a SDC.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat
I've said this before but I really do think that Delta will fix this in the future and provide an option to request an upgrade only to an aisle or window seat. They'll treat it like it's this new monumental feature they're providing us, and that they're "listening to our feedback" even though it's something we all were able to do prior to C+ being considered a separate class of service.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by live5
I've said this before but I really do think that Delta will fix this in the future and provide an option to request an upgrade only to an aisle or window seat. They'll treat it like it's this new monumental feature they're providing us, and that they're "listening to our feedback" even though it's something we all were able to do prior to C+ being considered a separate class of service.
I don't understand when you say you were able to do this before C+ became a separate class of service. There were no "upgrades" so there were no requests.

I don't care about the option you mention; I want to option to select the middle and window in C+ for my wife and I.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.