Wiki Posts
Search

INTL to INTL Connection ATL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2021, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
CBP dropped the use of Mobile Passport at ATL so anything's possible.
Hence the suggestion of making a call to DL to pose the question.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 10:47 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Often1
Hence the suggestion of making a call to DL to pose the question.
Phone agents don't have a clue about ITI.

When I was based in CDG, I connected in ATL many times per year to go to Central/South America and almost every time called to ask if my destination could put a purple tag. Always told that I needed to claim luggage, always got the purple tag.
GUWonder and tentseller like this.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: S* Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
My next trip gets me to Atlanta from ICN, with a 14 hour overnight layover at ATL before the next flight to Mexico. With the 12 hour rule, does this mean by default I need to pick up my checked baggage in ATL, no purple tags/ITI allowed at all? Posts from 2019 indicate such is the case. But want to trip check if this has changed since covid.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by TProphet
You can ask for your bags to be short checked to Atlanta - say you need to change into a suit or whatever. Generally speaking, airlines will do this, although they will also warn you that re-checking the bags on time is your responsibility.

Hidden cities itineraries can go wrong though - note that there is no guarantee that you'll get to connect through Atlanta if there are irregular operations or a schedule change! You could easily be routed through another Delta hub (such as Detroit).

good luck because my experience has been on Delta they will not do this. But maybe you’ll get lucky.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
good luck because my experience has been on Delta they will not do this. But maybe you’ll get lucky.
If over 6 hours you can have it done by policy.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bnatrotter
My next trip gets me to Atlanta from ICN, with a 14 hour overnight layover at ATL before the next flight to Mexico. With the 12 hour rule, does this mean by default I need to pick up my checked baggage in ATL, no purple tags/ITI allowed at all? Posts from 2019 indicate such is the case. But want to trip check if this has changed since covid.
ICN can force system to check bags through. Just to maje sure, you'll need to be on DL metal for both flights for ITI.
bnatrotter likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.