Wiki Posts
Search

Best China Eastern lounge at Pudong T1

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2016, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Best China Eastern lounge at Pudong T1

Hey folks. Just wondering if there is consensus on what is the best lounge for a STE+ to access at PVG, on the domestic side. I have a 4 hour layover there tonight and would appreciate any personal experience.

(And yes, I know they're nothing to write home about. But it will be free WiFi and free food.)
Old Jun 19, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
PVG being a MU hub your lounge choice will be iirc no. 10,11,11 VIP or 12A...don't bother they are all almost the same in terms of quality (your typical basic china lounge). You might pick as well the one closest to your departure gate.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 6:03 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
I agree with Grouchy - choose closest tou your gate.

I tried out two different China Eastern lounges in terminal one. Both were underwhelming. One of the two required going down one level and IIRC had no elevator or escalator nearby. So any amount of bags would be a problem getting up and down.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

Passed through Pudong 4 times this year. If I recall correctly,
1) As a Plat, I was given a lounge pass with the specific lounge written on it
2) There is no need to return topside as you can approach the bridge directly for boarding.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by PayItForward
2) There is no need to return topside as you can approach the bridge directly for boarding.
Unless you are forced to use one of the horrid bus gates!!
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:16 pm

Programs: DL ✈️
Are there any other lounges available when being DL PM/DM and flying MU? (I guess no)

Any PriorityPass better alternative?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by DL-Don
Unless you are forced to use one of the horrid bus gates!!
Unless you are bussed from the lounge to the plane
Old Jun 20, 2016, 9:16 am

The lounges will arrange for the shuttle bus. When you enter the lounge, they note how many pax and on what flight. They make a pretty good effort for pax who needs to be shuttled. Fortunately all my flights were right at the bridges. But I had many opportunities to observe the staff gathering and accounting for the passengers in the lounge that needs a ride
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
I ended up in "VIP Lounge 12A." It was something. Fortunately I was just tired and wanted a quiet place to sit, with Wifi, and facetime my son. It worked well enough for that.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
I ended up in "VIP Lounge 12A." It was something. Fortunately I was just tired and wanted a quiet place to sit, with Wifi, and facetime my son. It worked well enough for that.
That's not an actual MU lounge. DL doesn't pay MU for some reason to send it's passengers to a MU lounge. Instead they use the VIP lounge for the D1/Elites in Y that they give access to. Instead if you're STE+ you have to know that you can use the MU lounges and go there on your own knowing. I normally goto the VIP lounge only to see if anyone I know is there and point them to the MU lounge.

Also I've always had to go back upstairs when flying DL. The gate is always just passed a set of security doors that separate the lower level hall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.