Wiki Posts
Search

SEVEN checked bags FREE?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by BobH
Did she have military travel orders and a govt. contracted fare?

Bob H
Yes, I think so. She was military. she can have more than 4 free checked bags. There is no extra charge.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yes, I think so. She was military. she can have more than 4 free checked bags. There is no extra charge.
If you look at post number 5, above, the military allowance goes up to 5 bags max, not 7.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
She's not associated with military, she should have only gotten the basic two international bags.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I booked domestic award tickets for three of us at 9k each. My DM baggage allowance applied to them as well and we checked eight bags! A solo flyer without status (or AMEX) would have charged $1210 for the bags alone. That was the best 27k I ever spent!
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
Family + extended family just went to JNU for a week (wife, also DM, was born there)
9 of us traveling - linked PNRs - 27x 70lb bags allowed.

We only traveled with about 18 bags, but I was so tempted to buy 9 more $4 bags of gravel, put them in pelican cases just because we could

But still have never seen the case of a non status medallion member like my daughter getting 7 bags for no particular reason.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:39 am

I've been noticing that SNAPP sometimes allows all bags free with all excess baggage fees waived for some unusual international destinations. It's up to the agent to notice and charge the correct fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.