Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

When does Delta's new flight schedule for summer become effective

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Flight number change

I am new to this site and this is my first post. I will be flying from CLT to CVG and then from CVG to LAS on June 13. I can see my flight numbers when I review my booked trip on the Delta site, but NONE of these flight numbers correspond to the current flights that are taking place .Do you think that when I print out my boarding pass the flight numbers will show the correct flight numbers that are being used now, or will the current flight numbers change to different ones . I booked my trip way back in January and am somewhat worried about this. Thanks for any help!
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by TBS24740
I am new to this site and this is my first post. I will be flying from CLT to CVG and then from CVG to LAS on June 13. I can see my flight numbers when I review my booked trip on the Delta site, but NONE of these flight numbers correspond to the current flights that are taking place .Do you think that when I print out my boarding pass the flight numbers will show the correct flight numbers that are being used now, or will the current flight numbers change to different ones . I booked my trip way back in January and am somewhat worried about this. Thanks for any help!
It's possible the flight numbers are changing, but I don't think you have any problem. What I suggest is checking the schedules on the DL website and you can see what the schedule is for the day you are flying (June 13th). They should correspond to what you are seeing for your flights.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, AA Exec. Plat., DL DM, National E.E.
Originally Posted by TBS24740

The domestic summer schedule goes into effect next week and many flight numbers and patterns will change. That is nothing to worry about.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys for your replies! I am not so worried now!
Old Jun 7, 2016, 4:39 am
Original Poster

I have a flight next Monday from CLT to CVG and then from CVG to LAS. The flight numbers for my trip do NOT correspond to the current flight numbers for these flights. Does anyone know when the new flight numbers become effective? I am somewhat worried that a computer error has given me the wrong flight numbers. I placed a similar post to this in here last week and was informed that Delta's new flight schedule become effective sometime this week.Thanks in advance to any responses for this worried traveler!
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:22 am

Programs: DL DM
Display your reservation in delta.com. Whatever flight are listed in the
reservation currently, are the flight numbers you will be flying on. Don't go by the confirmation that you received when you purchased the tickets.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Delta rolls out schedule changes weekly every Sat. As Mr. Tickets said, look at your itinerary online and that should show the correct flight info since your flight is within a week.

Unless there was a major schedule change that broke your itinerary (impossible connection, flight no longer exists/canceled etc) what is shown online is correct. If you're really worried about it you can also call or send Delta a tweet to look at your itinerary.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:40 am

You're fine bro. Flight numbers change all the time.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:16 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
You were unclear in your original post (BTW duplicates are discouraged; you could also have posted your new query as a reply to the original thread since they are substantially related). Do you mean, in your reservation on the Delta web site, it shows flight numbers that do not correspond to the same flights at the same time on the same day that you are traveling if you make a new test booking? Or that, the flight numbers at the same time for, let's say, today are different than on your day of travel?

Because the latter is nothing to worry about.

Have you called Delta? What did they tell you? If you still want confirmation from FT in order to feel good about it (don't worry, I get it) it would help if you said what flight numbers you think you're taking, so people can independently verify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.