Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How To Request Your Complimentary Delta Comfort+ Upgrade: E-Mail Message From Delta

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How To Request Your Complimentary Delta Comfort+ Upgrade: E-Mail Message From Delta

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

DL must be getting complaints about the new C+ "upgrade" procedures. I got an email today about how to do it, stressing that you must check the box. It repeats the language that you could get a middle seat.

It must be a general email blitz. I don't currently have any ticketed coach segments, so I don't think this could be targeted.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
How To Request Your Complimentary Delta Comfort+ Upgrade

Just received an email with remedial instructions on how to request C+ UG.

Do you suppose they are having trouble selling the concept to those of us who do not want to risk ending up in a middle seat? Sort of ironic that, when you click through to the instruction page, the focal part of the image there shows aisle and window occupied with only center seat available.
"All seats in Delta Comfort+ are part of our premium experience. Aisle, middle, or window seats will be assigned based on availability."
So, a middle seat is a premium experience. It must be true, since I read it on the internet.

More instructions:
WHAT TO KNOW ONCE YOU’VE REQUESTED AN UPGRADE:
• If you have selected upgrade eligibility for both First Class and Delta Comfort+, you will be upgraded to the most premium option available. If you’re upgraded to Delta Comfort+, you’ll still be on standby for First Class upgrades.

• If no upgrades to Delta Comfort+ are available, you’ll be placed on standby for an upgrade. You may view your spot on the standby list in My Trips or in the Fly Delta App upon check-in.

• Following an upgrade, you can always select another available seat in the same class of service via the seat map. Once upgraded to Delta Comfort+, you will not be able to revert back to your Main Cabin seat via the seat map.

• Medallion members will continue to enjoy access to Complimentary Upgrades to Delta Comfort+ while maintaining the same clearance priority.
BTW, if you don't wish to risk a middle seat, go to your profile on DL.com, open the MEDALLION® COMPLIMENTARY UPGRADE REQUESTS link and make sure the box for requesting C+ UGs is not checked.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My thread on this beat yours by two minutes.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Got the same. Noticed at the bottom...

"As a Diamond Medallion member you will be notified of your upgrade directly after booking (subject to availability)"
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Got the same. Noticed at the bottom...

"As a Diamond Medallion member you will be notified of your upgrade directly after booking (subject to availability)"
Thanks for noticing that. I hope it doesn't mean that PMs won't get C+ at the time of purchase.

Below that, there are also some instructions about setting your upgrade preferences in your profile.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Thanks for noticing that. I hope it doesn't mean that PMs won't get C+ at the time of purchase.

Below that, there are also some instructions about setting your upgrade preferences in your profile.
Nope. I'm a PM and I got the email, but mine said Platinum instead of Diamond.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Nope. I'm a PM and I got the email, but mine said Platinum instead of Diamond.
Good.

I wonder what the GM and FO versions say.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine provided more information and took longer to compose.

But, I sense we have the same underlying belief. DL must be having trouble selling the concept that a few inches of extra knee room and a free drink is a premium, upgraded experience that somehow offsets the agonizing, soul-crushing experience of a DL middle seat.

Their best hope is that their marketing will be effective in luring in unsuspecting newbies who do not have the experience to know better.

I, in contrast, will continue to strive to maintain my record of never having had to experience C+.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Good.

Enjoy your economy seat in the back and if you're lucky you will get 'upgraded' to middle C+.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM
so, to be clear, they will automatically upgrade diamonds to comfort+ at booking?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fischeef
so, to be clear, they will automatically upgrade diamonds to comfort+ at booking?
IIRC, the ticket has to be issued, before you can get the UG. So, slightly after booking.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:39 am

Good.

As a gold medallion member, you will be notified of your upgrade within 72 hours of departure. Based on availability.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Mine provided more information and took longer to compose.
^^^
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer

^^^
No intended competition here, only intended humor.

Hence the
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Sorry, I'm posting from a device and can't easily copy from email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.