FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   DELTA (DL) Inventory Returns to ExpertFlyer (sans Upgrade Class Inventory) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1769447-delta-dl-inventory-returns-expertflyer-sans-upgrade-class-inventory.html)

laptoptravel May 31, 2016 10:33 pm

DELTA (DL) Inventory Returns to ExpertFlyer (sans Upgrade Class Inventory)

May 31st, 2016

per ExpertFlyer:

"We’re happy to announce that as of today the previously missing DL data has been restored to ExpertFlyer. The only exception is DL Upgrade Class inventory that requires GDS access, which Delta is still not allowing us to use.

However regular fare class inventory/availability/alerting and all the other searches are available again for DL."

KDCAflyer May 31, 2016 11:10 pm

2 Attachment(s)
I'm speechless...

appleguru May 31, 2016 11:33 pm

This is good news indeed... Never really used EF, as I started flying DL a lot right about when they pulled most of the DL functionality. Is it worth the $100/year?

Seat1A Jun 1, 2016 12:01 am

"Please note: DL flights will only show when DL is the only airline specified in the Flight Availability search."

the return is certainly welcome.. wonder if they're going thru a weird channel for this..

serfty Jun 1, 2016 3:01 am

I was able to get both MCT and Fare rules on a basic test ...

krlcomm Jun 1, 2016 5:53 am

I'm pleasantly stunned... just checked and it's back! Great news... I hope it sticks around!

Crazyhotelguy Jun 1, 2016 6:39 am

Glad to see this.... Wonder how long it will last.

javabytes Jun 1, 2016 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Seat1A (Post 26709768)
"Please note: DL flights will only show when DL is the only airline specified in the Flight Availability search."

the return is certainly welcome.. wonder if they're going thru a weird channel for this..

They must be, as the search is not going through the GDS, which DL is still not allowing them to use. If this was DL change of heart, the searches would be going through the GDS like everything else, and upgrade inventory would be back too.

dzflyer Jun 1, 2016 7:28 am

Originally Posted by javabytes (Post 26710974)
They must be, as the search is not going through the GDS, which DL is still not allowing them to use. If this was DL change of heart, the searches would be going through the GDS like everything else, and upgrade inventory would be back too.

Totally agree....but like delta is going to keep their award chart secret but yet show upgrade availability on EF...now that would be hell freezing over. :p

Halloweverybody Jun 1, 2016 9:02 am

Sounds good

this sounds fairly useful, but if not for checking upgrade space, what is its value added?

appleguru Jun 1, 2016 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Halloweverybody (Post 26711492)
this sounds fairly useful, but if not for checking upgrade space, what is its value added?

Biggest value I see is for seeing available fare classes for Y SDC.

pgh234 Jun 1, 2016 10:37 am

It is a huge help with SDC's...which were practically not possible unless you got an agent willing to go the extra mile. It is always light years easier to call an agent and say "please do this for me" rather than "what are my options"...which tend to be limited to zero when left open to them.

I have also used it for VDBs to find alternative routings with availability to feed the agent. DL.com (and therefore DL agents) wont easily show you there is one F seat available on some convoluted routing that gets you home in one night...Expertflyer can. It has more than paid for itself with this availability.

Also, don't forget, they have a "basic" subscription that only costs $5/mo for the same availability info. ^

baccarat0809 Jun 1, 2016 10:38 am

Wow - we get an easing of YBYL policy and this in the same day. Big news from VA Ave today.

ExpertFlyer Voice Jun 1, 2016 10:48 am

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 26709130)
I assume this also means that published fares are available too?

Yes, all data has returned except Upgrade inventory.

18sas Jun 1, 2016 11:41 am

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice (Post 26712089)
Yes, all data has returned except Upgrade inventory.

Thank you so much! Fantastic news.

I always like seeing revenue inventory for IROPS purposes and having the fare rules info.

I had learned to live without the upgrade inventory by using the Refundable Y trick as a reasonable proxy for certificate/miles upgrade.

But now that they Y doesn't get instantly upgraded, there's no way to see the upgrade inventory now.