Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SDC - Did I miss something?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 6:27 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat., SPG Plat.
[QUOTE=

DELTA - if you're reading this post - please, please, please train your agents better. The fact the one's working the DM line aren't informed about your benefits to medallions is scary for your business. These are your elite customers, treat them as such. Get them educated agents at a minimum.[/QUOTE]

Something tells me that possibly Delta doesn't train their agents in certain areas to prevent us saavy travelers from benefiting from this rule. They wouldn't have to constantly train their agents if they didn't change the policy to things every year.

I was on an award ticket for this summer, where one leg was in the main cabin, but we got a complimentary upgrade to C+ (WU). When I called to make a change, I was told that because I got the upgrade to C+, that I was no longer eligible for an upgrade to first. I was surprised to hear this, and asked this international reissue agent to please make sure of that. She came back approximately three minutes later to say that I was still waitlisted for an upgrade to first. So, I was not sure what to think of this, whether this agent assumed this, or this was a sign for things to come in the medallion complimentary upgrade policy.
Old May 13, 2016, 7:53 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
This has happened to me and I've gotten burned (my own fault) the problem being you don't always have 3 hours to spend on the phone HUACA and asking for supervisors for a SDC after clearing with a RUC for a D1
Old May 13, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I always preface SDC requests with the official policy, and a mention that they might need to do a manual reissue to make it work. When I started adding that second part, the need to HUCA when doing a SDC dropped significantly.

I think most agents are trained to accept what the system spits out, and don't even consider manual overrides, unless prompted, or they completely run out of options.
Old May 15, 2016, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
THIS!

Okay I'm not going crazy as that's what I thought as well. Yes, my RUC cleared when I booked the ticket Monday night and immediately reissued that evening. My ticket shows XXX-JFK (RP) and JFK-SFO (OP).

I'm all for playing the HUACA game, but when Help Desk gets looped in and even they are saying no, I feel stuck. Help!

You would standby for your originally paid class of service and be waitlisted for the upgrade. As many time as you 'huaca' that should be the answer.
Old May 15, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by okamsrazor
You would standby for your originally paid class of service and be waitlisted for the upgrade. As many time as you 'huaca' that should be the answer.
Based on everything I've been taught here... This is wrong.

Instrument supported upgrades should be treated no different than "paid first" for SDC; i.e. You get to SDC into any open F seat.
Old May 16, 2016, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I believe this was even stated from a DL rep several years ago with regards to upgrade instruments (certs/mile) where if it is cleared in advance, then the ticket should be treated like F for SDC purposes.
Old May 16, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
DELTA - if you're reading this post - please, please, please train your agents better. The fact the one's working the DM line aren't informed about your benefits to medallions is scary for your business. These are your elite customers, treat them as such. Get them educated agents at a minimum.
This happens often, it's been happening for awhile, and it gets worse. DL is not so stupid to not be aware of this. They just don't care.
Old May 20, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Did the book a crappier-than-wanted connection to grab RP/OP space and then SDC thing, and ran into the wonderful confidently-wrong routine from the DM desk.

First call: "No sir 32 minutes isn't a legal connection, so you'll need to just go to the gate when you get into the airport."

HUCA: No mention of an illegal connection but now "this will be in coach on the new flight because there is no upgrade space [OP] available on the new flight"

I pushed, and they "did me a favor" of forcing open OP and reissuing... Which cracks me up because the new flight is marketed as F not J.

PS When did they stop telling you which RES center on the receipt?
Old May 20, 2016, 9:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by okamsrazor
This is wrong when a passenger has already confirmed instrument supported upgrades. It would be true if free elite upgrades were involved.
Old May 20, 2016, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mother-
Did the book a crappier-than-wanted connection to grab RP/OP space and then SDC thing, and ran into the wonderful confidently-wrong routine from the DM desk.

First call: "No sir 32 minutes isn't a legal connection, so you'll need to just go to the gate when you get into the airport."

HUCA: No mention of an illegal connection but now "this will be in coach on the new flight because there is no upgrade space [OP] available on the new flight"

I pushed, and they "did me a favor" of forcing open OP and reissuing... Which cracks me up because the new flight is marketed as F not J.

PS When did they stop telling you which RES center on the receipt?
This one really was a favor, presumably at the expense of some other elite. For free elite upgrades, even if confirmed on all segments, when you SDC, you SDC into coach assuming that your coach fare class is available and then go on the waitlist for a free elite upgrade on the new flight(s).
Old May 20, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This one really was a favor, presumably at the expense of some other elite. For free elite upgrades, even if confirmed on all segments, when you SDC, you SDC into coach assuming that your coach fare class is available and then go on the waitlist for a free elite upgrade on the new flight(s).
You feeling OK? That is what RUCs clear into on a Biz marketed flight...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.