Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Comfort+

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Delta Comfort+

Is there a way to upgrade to a Delta Comfort+ seat for just the seat or do you have to get all the extra stuff? I don't drink alcohol so the premium beverages don't matter to me, and I'll be checking a bag so priority boarding isn't that big of a deal. I just want the extra legroom similar to MCE on AA or E+ on UA.
Old May 12, 2016, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It's a package. Extra legroom seats are not sold separately.
Old May 12, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: DL GM
You don't have to consume all the extra stuff... just like you don't have to board early or eat the snacks when travelling in F.
Old May 12, 2016, 9:30 am

Exit rows are cheaper and have what you want if you're qualified
Old May 12, 2016, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Would the OP expect to be able to purchase a special business class fare that excludes wine? How about promising not to put the seat into the flat bed position: does that deserve a discount?
Old May 12, 2016, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Would the OP expect to be able to purchase a special business class fare that excludes wine? How about promising not to put the seat into the flat bed position: does that deserve a discount?
I promise never to use the call button.
Old May 12, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Looks like the OPs question has been answered. No need to be so condescending.
Old May 12, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
Looks like the OPs question has been answered. No need to be so condescending.
No, I think there was a bit of a need in this case. The question made absolutely no sense.
Old May 12, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
And what would they call it: Comfort +-? Additional fare class too.
Old May 12, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WWads
No, I think there was a bit of a need in this case. The question made absolutely no sense.
Many airlines around the world offer various bundles of perks that are redeemable onboard - one fare for just a better seat, a different fare for that seat plus food and beverage, etc. It's not common in the US, but that doesn't mean it's not a reasonable question.

Delta is trying to create the illusion that C+ is a separate cabin, so they are only selling a full bundle of services (food and drink, boarding priority/bin space, extra legroom) together. That's a business decision, but you could easily imagine flight attendants having a manifest of some subset of the passengers who are entitled to a free drink onboard instead. (In fact, that's precisely how AS offers the free drink benefit to MVPG passengers.)
Old May 12, 2016, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
But DL can't manage to offer a free drink and snack to DMs in coach, the way AA and some other airlines do for their top tier elites.
Old May 12, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
But DL can't manage to offer a free drink and snack to DMs in coach, the way AA and some other airlines do for their top tier elites.
I think it's less "can't manage to" and more "chooses not to".
Old May 12, 2016, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WWads
Seeing as the product I asked about is exactly the product (seat with extra space and no other perks) that AA and UA offer, it does make sense to ask. Implied in the question is that there would be a way to pay for just the extra legroom for less $. If I have the option, I'm not going to pay for perks I don't need. If the ticket included a checked bag or a full meal, I'd be happy to pay.

Every airline seems to do this differently. AA offers the priority boarding and a checked bag as one upgrade and the extra legroom as another. UA offers several different variations up to a package with full premier access, club passes, 2 checked bags, E+ seating, etc.
Old May 12, 2016, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by BenA
I think it's less "can't manage to" and more "chooses not to".
ex-ACT-ly
Old May 12, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
It's a package. Extra legroom seats are not sold separately.
Exit Rows for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.