Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/CLEAR partnership (free/reduced membership)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ND76
List of Airports and Checkpoint Locations: https://clearme.com/where-we-are

ATL - Main and South Checkpoints
AUS - Checkpoint 1
BWI - Checkpoint B/C/D/and E
CLE - Pre-Check Entrance (Center of Terminal)
DAL - Main Checkpoint
DCA - Terminal A: Checkpoint; Terminal B/C: South/North/Center Checkpoints
DEN - North and South Chekpoint
DFW - E16 Security Checkpoint
DTW - McNamara and North Terminal Checkpoints
HOU - Main Checkpoint
HPN - Main Checkpoint
IAD - Main Terminal Checkpoint
IAH - Terminal A South Checkpoint
JFK - T4 Sky Priority/Pre-Check
LAS - T1: A/B/C/D Checkpoints; T3: E Checkpoint
LAX - T2/T3/T4/T6/T7 Checkpoints only
LGA - Terminal A/C/and D checkpoints only
MCO - East and West Checkpoints
MIA - Concourse E and H checkpoints only
MSP - T1 North and South Checkpoint
SAT - Terminal A and B Checkpoints
SEA - Checkpoints 2/3/4/and 5
SFO - T1: Checkpoints B and C; T2: Checkpoint; T3 Checkpoints F1,F2, and F3; International Terminal: Checkpoints A and G
SJC - Terminal A and B Checkpoints
SLC - T2 Checkpoint only

Registration link: https://delta.clearme.com/

Once registered to complete enrollment bring one state approved ID to the enrollment center. You will need a valid, unamended US passport or passport card, US-issued Permanent Resident Card, a valid US driver's license, state-issued photo ID card, or a military ID. Once your identity is verified, they will scan your finger prints and get a picture of your iris.

This process takes about 5-7 minutes and can be done before a flight.

Costs:
  • Diamond Medallion® members: Complimentary
  • Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion members: $109 per year ($79 for those signed up before April 2019)
  • Delta AMEX primary card holders: $109 per year ($79 for those signed up before April 2019)
  • General SkyMiles Members: $119 per year ($99 for those signed up before April 2019)

Keep in mind Family add-on fee is just $50

You may also wish to peruse this thread in the Trusted Travelers forum: Is CLEAR worth $179 a year? (it goes beyond the question in the title, the answer to which is obviously "no" given the above pricing )

Former CLEAR members:

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Give them a call to reactivate and give them your SkyMiles number. You shouldn't have to redo the biometrics.

https://clearme.com/faq -> click on "Former CLEAR Members"
From their FAQ: "We will honor any time that you have remaining on your CLEAR account. This time will be credited to you once you have reactivated your account."

Print Wikipost

Delta/CLEAR partnership (free/reduced membership)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:08 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Surprised no comments at the clear price increase to $109. I told a friend to sign up because it was only $80 and found out about it. Folks on the old pricing continue to get that for now.

So it's $119 for general members now, $109 for silver/gold/plat/amex members. Free still for DMs.

Last edited by jfulcher; Jun 28, 2019 at 6:55 am
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by jfulcher
Surprised no comments at the clear price increase to $109. I told a friend to sign up because it was only $80 and found out about it. Folks on the old pricing continue to get that for now.

So it's $119 for general members now, $109 for silver/gold/plat/amex members. Free still for Medallions.
Free is only for DMs. PM/GM/FO get discounts but I think those prices went up as well.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:55 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by gooselee
Free is only for DMs. PM/GM/FO get discounts but I think those prices went up as well.
You're right - a typo on my part.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Interesting.....when I used CLEAR last week at MSP, the employee made a comment to me about getting CLEAR for free, probably because he noticed DM on my boarding pass. I hope there isn't a plan to change this. The regular lines looked bad.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Interesting.....when I used CLEAR last week at MSP, the employee made a comment to me about getting CLEAR for free, probably because he noticed DM on my boarding pass. I hope there isn't a plan to change this. The regular lines looked bad.
As a platinum who pays for it, I’ll gladly do that over and over. I’ve been saved many times from missing flights at LGA and JFK because of it. One of those flights was a major client pitch that I’d pay well more than the annual fee to cut that line again and again. Not waiting on line at Yankee stadium is the cherry on the top
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:52 pm

As an Atlanta based flier I will never pay for this again. I’m not paying more to stand in line longer.

It is toatally useless here.

Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Another case of UA following DL. UA will buy a stake in Clear and offer discounts that match the new Delta rates.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/29/unit...irm-clear.html

A bit more detail here on the new rates:

https://onemileatatime.com/clear-inc...bership-costs/
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does anyone know how the DL and UA stakes compare?

Part of the UA deal is that CLEAR will now include UA hubs, including EWR and ORD, maybe others. ORD could help DL passengers too as it's all one airside area in the domestic terminal.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does anyone know how the DL and UA stakes compare?

Part of the UA deal is that CLEAR will now include UA hubs, including EWR and ORD, maybe others. ORD could help DL passengers too as it's all one airside area in the domestic terminal.
Isn't Delta moving terminals at ORD in the next couple years? It will be great in the meantime though. The two airports I use a lot that don't have Clear that really need it are EWR and ORD.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Isn't Delta moving terminals at ORD in the next couple years? It will be great in the meantime though. The two airports I use a lot that don't have Clear that really need it are EWR and ORD.
EWR wont likely help DL flyers. DL departs out of different terminal than UA. ORD move is still a ways off.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by flyerCO
EWR wont likely help DL flyers. DL departs out of different terminal than UA. ORD move is still a ways off.
Hopefully if Clear starts to staff the EWR UA terminals at EWR they will decide to add Clear to the Delta terminal there as well. EWR always seems to have long lines for Precheck that move slow. I usually prefer EWR to LGA or JFK but hate the security lines.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
I'm encouraged to see there's 3.8M CLEAR enrollees, as that means they should be able to sustain operations. I have to admit at SJC it seems as if they've got more staff than they need, but I guess I'm seeing them in 3-minute slices every other week or so, vs. them being there all day for the peaks and valleys.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Another case of UA following DL. UA will buy a stake in Clear and offer discounts that match the new Delta rates.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/29/unit...irm-clear.html

A bit more detail here on the new rates:

https://onemileatatime.com/clear-inc...bership-costs/
Interesting, wonder how DL felt about this. Clear is already very crowded Monday am’s at DEN, about to get way way more crowded.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, MGM Rewards Noir, Marriott Gold
Question about Clear and Diamond Medallion

I recently achieved diamond medallion status. I already had a paid clear membership and wonder if I receive some sort of refund for unused time (since it now should be free a a diamond medallion)? If so, does this occur automatically or do I need to contact clear. Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 10:33 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
I'm pretty sure it's only automatically checked at renewal time, but from reports on FT they seem to be pretty responsive about refunds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.