Wiki Posts
Search

Announcements April 28-29

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
Announcements April 28-29

Just read that Delta will reveal an aircraft order during a media event and fleet showcase. As most are aware, the speculation is an order for the Bombardier CS-300 and Airbus A321. The article states that "the airline says it plans a series of announcements". Any ideas of the other announcements?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by CLTRob
Just read that Delta will reveal an aircraft order during a media event and fleet showcase. As most are aware, the speculation is an order for the Bombardier CS-300 and Airbus A321. The article states that "the airline says it plans a series of announcements". Any ideas of the other announcements?
Heard a vague rumbling about an order for a couple of these bad boys

Old Apr 21, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by kop84

http://www.evergreenmuseum.org/the-spruce-goose
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold

Sweet! Now, if they could just get Lockheed to sell them a couple of C5-As in passenger congiguration, they could show up all the ME3s and their A380s and get Lockheeds back into the domestic fleet - I miss the Tristars 😄
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by jimrpa
Sweet! Now, if they could just get Lockheed to sell them a couple of C5-As in passenger congiguration, they could show up all the ME3s and their A380s and get Lockheeds back into the domestic fleet - I miss the Tristars 😄
Plus if they could get the C5's imagine the range with mid-air refueling! Tech stops would be a thing of the past!
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You sometimes see some cool aircraft parked around Seattle.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Plus if they could get the C5's imagine the range with mid-air refueling! Tech stops would be a thing of the past!
The ultimate nonstop for back to back MRs: no need to waste time stopping at the destination.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CLTRob
I'm expecting international premium economy, a new J seat and probably the cabin look/layout for the A359s that are coming.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by jrkmsp
I'm expecting international premium economy, a new J seat and probably the cabin look/layout for the A359s that are coming.
Good point. Maybe domestic C+ as a genuinely separate cabin too, more like true Premium Economy rather than just a new fare class with "upgrade" rules.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I'd like to do a nonstop RTW.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 5:22 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I'd like to do a nonstop RTW.
aka "sit in the easy chair at home for 2 days"?

also since you end up where you started does that earn 0 MQMs?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
I'm expecting 10 abreast 777s
Old Apr 21, 2016, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by bubbashow
Sweet! Can't wait for those.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I hope you're wrong. It's inhumane to stick someone in a 737 wide seat for more than a couple hours.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
aka "sit in the easy chair at home for 2 days"?

also since you end up where you started does that earn 0 MQMs?
.....but it might be fun, and FAs deliver F&B, including Woodford, Biscoffs, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.