Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help on compensation today

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Ceres
Yes they said a handle in the cargo bay.

Now I get to spend the night in Atlanta woohoo
My first ask would be for the last seat in First Class on tomorrow's fight if you don't already have it ;-)
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Often1
Why ask about compensation when you are looking for a reroute? Worry about the reroute first. That is the imminent issue.
Because it's the US/FT and that always seems to be the default question!
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by appleguru
My first ask would be for the last seat in First Class on tomorrow's fight if you don't already have it ;-)
Without the OP having status, I think and hope that an upgrade would be very unlikely. Sorry.

ADDED: It's too bad you're at MDW rather than ORD as that would make taking the refund and purchasing a ticket on AA a lot easier if your flight returns to the gate and lets passengers deplane.

Even if you get to ATL, you could declare trip in vain and have DL fly you back to MDW while refunding your entire ticket. That would give you the option to purchase a completely new ticket on AA or any other carrier, which could be more or less expensive than your current DL ticket.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Apr 12, 2016 at 1:37 pm
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Unfortunately without status, the amount of compensation is also likely to be limited to a $200 voucher or some miles. I wonder if they even gave a hotel room and meal voucher, or if the OP is on their own stuck in the airport?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rylan
Unfortunately without status, the amount of compensation is also likely to be limited to a $200 voucher or some miles. I wonder if they even gave a hotel room and meal voucher, or if the OP is on their own stuck in the airport?
If they do give a hotel voucher, it's likely to be a worse hotel than what would be given to an elite or a FC passenger.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 2:49 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If they do give a hotel voucher, it's likely to be a worse hotel than what would be given to an elite or a FC passenger.
Who cares? Almost certainly it will be better than no hotel at all
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
OP is likelyin ATL by now - what happened here?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by fti
Who cares? Almost certainly it will be better than no hotel at all
Travel insurance? This is when it comes in handy. Who wants to go on a nice holiday in Aruba, lose a day there at a hotel you likely paid for and wind up in a place DL likely paid $35 for?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
$35 ? You must be joking. Once I got past the paparazzi... sorry, they were the crime scene photo team!

Yep, you all nailed it. Meal vouchers a shi!#y hotel.

It's what I get for trying to use up some useless skypesos. They are hard to use and even more difficult to appreciate.

Those of you that were helpful, thank you very much. Those of you that were snarky, please carry on. One can only imagine how it easily it is to become jaded, if you are a delta hub captive.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:33 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by fti
Almost certainly it will be better than no hotel at all
Which Holiday Inn Express did you stay at last nite?!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.