Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

@DeltaAssist is moving over to @Delta on Twitter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

@DeltaAssist is moving over to @Delta on Twitter

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Zorak
Have you tried just sending the DM?

https://support.twitter.com/articles/14606

I would guess Delta has this option enabled, although who knows, but it seems worth a try.
@DeltaAssist does/did because they don't follow me but I'm able to send them Direct Messages. Not sure that has been applied to the @Delta account yet as I haven't had to try to ask them anything so far.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
I used to sing praise upon the twitter team at DL, but of the past three contacts (two SDC requests and an RUC application to a one way flight) two of them resulted in a reply asking me to call the DD (the RUC and one of the SDC).
"I'm in flight and cannot call. That's why I sent the DM. "
[no reply]

The third time, no issues.
No idea what happened to that group.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
I have used the "new" twitter a lot this past week. I only have two ideas to what I have experienced...The new twitter is now just an algorithm that looks for key words and then sends common responses... or SKYNET has taken over and they are looking for Sarah Connor..
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
I have found Delta Assist to be useless now. 2 years ago it was a great service.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Not impressed with the move from @DeltaAssist. Tried twice over the past week to SDC for different flights. In both instances I had to tweet to @Delta to have them answer my DM.

On the latest attempt they told me I had to wait until 24 hours before the flight I wanted before I could request a SDC. Gave up and called the Diamond line who was helpful and got me a better flight.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL DM
I would agree that what used to be a great service is now pretty much worthless. I asked a simple question for a record locator number last night. The answer came four hours later with no answer and erroneous information. Wonder what happened? Used to be great
Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I would agree that what used to be a great service is now pretty much worthless. I asked a simple question for a record locator number last night. The answer came four hours later with no answer and erroneous information. Wonder what happened? Used to be great
My assessment is that people were getting too good of service and it was too much in the customers favor and bad for deltas bottom line. Delta then lowered the boom.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold
Originally Posted by dzflyer
My assessment is that people were getting too good of service and it was too much in the customers favor and bad for deltas bottom line. Delta then lowered the boom.
Bingo!

Just another enhancement.
Old May 10, 2016, 1:58 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Level of Service?

So, what level of service are we seeing?
Old May 10, 2016, 5:06 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by kthomas
So non-existent that I wonder if it is even humans manning the Twitter service. IMO this was one area where DL was stellar with customer service. Now it seems to be a joke....long wait times and odd answers to questions that weren't asked. Pitiful. In reality, DL should just shut it down...it is more frustrating than helpful.
Old May 10, 2016, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kthomas
I've had ok experiences recently. Nothing extraordinary, but they do what I need.
Old May 26, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
I've had ok experiences recently. Nothing extraordinary, but they do what I need.
Same here or better, actually. At this point, response time and effectiveness from my Point-of-View, has been better than with @DeltaAssist.

Here's hoping that's an accurate anecdote, and it holds.
Old May 27, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Has anyone figured out how to use the Delta twitter service without having to subscribe to twitter?
Old May 27, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Has anyone figured out how to use the Delta twitter service without having to subscribe to twitter?
Twitter does not have "burner accounts". You have to subscribe. You could make an email address specifically for this, though, if you're worried about personal info or things of that nature.
Old May 27, 2016, 12:45 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jimrpa
I would be very surprised if someone has come up with a way to use Twitter without having a Twitter account On a lark I Googled for this and it seems at least in 2009 there were anonymous twitter services for the purpose of tweeting something you didn't want attributed to you, but that wouldn't really work for this purpose.

For those who don't want a social networking presence I would follow one of the suggestions from the last time this subject came up and set up a one-off Twitter account (either with your email, or a new one-off email, or the plussed addressing suggestion I made) that you only ever use to communicate with @Delta via direct messages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.