Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best SkyClub in ATL?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Originally Posted by ryan182
Thanks much for the info and the rankings!! I will head to the F club and enjoy a nice bottle of champers on the Skydeck!^
Only my opinion YMMV. Barring any issues, I will be enjoying Krug with three of my best friends on the deck Sat 😁
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Will be passing through ATL on Sunday and have a massive 4 hr 38 min layover to kill. Have only been to the SkyClub in NRT once, and never really bothered with it on domestic trips. Myself and 2 companions each hold DL Amex cards, so might purchase a couple of single visit passes. I'm open to traveling to any concourse, but from the looks of past flights will most likely be arriving in D and departing out of A. Thanks!
So I am going to go away from the pack on this one and say that while F is very nice and the sky deck is fun D27 is my personal favorite.

Hear me out

Its the one that is in the "basement" but they have all the same food and drinks BUT for the most part it is basically EMPTY so you can have a quiet spot with no lines for anything. The staff is really friendly down there and very bored since there is not much to do

That is where all the CRJ's leave from so its a very under utilized club. I also like the "cave" or "basement" feel of this one so maybe I am an odd one...
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:39 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Unrelated to the Sky Club but do NOT go to The Club @ ATL since you are flying Sunday, and if you want to drink alcohol.

For some reason The Club @ ATL follows the local laws, and DL utilized the argument they are a "private club" so can serve alcohol whenever they want. The Club @ ATL wont serve alcohol until after 12:30 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:20 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by SeaHawg
F has the good stuff on tap for sure. Not sure about the others.

As far as ranking the SkyClubs:

F: Skydeck, great food, and showers
E: Quiet room, great food, and showers
C: Best looking/classiest domestic concourse club
T: Quietest very good Ambassadors there
B: Best domestic food
A: Slightly below B
D: Dungeon way below A
D: Closet even worse than the dungeon
There are two A clubs.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: Blinged Out
Originally Posted by pvn
There are two A clubs.
I thought they had closed the smaller A club. It would rank slightly ahead of the Dungeon. Haven't been in that one in a while. The bar area is nice, but it looks worn out.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: DL PM; SPG Platinum; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Diamond; UA Silver
I prefer B club for food, E club for shower and a nap
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:44 pm

Interesting discussion. As a beginner frequent flier with DL, this is very useful. I am just starting to check out the clubs. Started with B last weekend and was impressed. Great selection of food and nice views.

I also stumbled upon this blog post where the guy visited all 9 in one day. I'm going to have 5-6hrs in ATL to kill tomorrow, so I'll likely go to several of the clubs.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
For me its close between B, E and F. Gun to my head i am going with E. Its "slightly" off the beaten path, good sized and has a good spread.

As for the D dungeon: is that still open? I haven't flown out of D in many moons and haven't had the chance to see it, but I used to like it.
lixiaojuventus likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Prem, UA Silver, Delta GM
F wins for me. To me that's the standard that other skyclubs need to meet.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Not the fanciest and certainly not the biggest, but I enjoy T. Not many flights take off from T compared with the other concourses. Thus, even given it's small size it's never congested. They have the same offerings as the other ATL Skyclubs, and great staff.
dcadwell likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:37 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I like T and (to a lesser degree) C for their relaxed vibes. The bartenders at T in particular seem to be the best.

As a spotter, I'm not really happy with the views at any of the clubs, though E is probably the best since you get some decent perpendicular views of widebody takeoffs at the right times.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Not the fanciest and certainly not the biggest, but I enjoy T. Not many flights take off from T compared with the other concourses. Thus, even given it's small size it's never congested. They have the same offerings as the other ATL Skyclubs, and great staff.
This. I find the staff working T to be very good.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I happen to like the D12 club; generally uncrowded with a very nice staff. This was the former Continental President's Club, so it looks a bit different from other SkyClubs.

I also like the C37 (or is it C39) club, which was once the flagship Eastern Ionosphere Club. Another club with a great concierge and bar staff.

I use the T6 club quite a bit because flights to DCA tend to leave from the T concourse. Another club which is never overly crowded and is a good place to relax.

I think as a facility I like the E club better than the F club; however I really enjoy going over to the Skydeck at the F club; I think I would be as happy drinking Tott's or JFJ (the latter being Western Airlines bubbly of choice) as Krug.

The B club is huge compared to the others, and it is very crowded most of the time. I like the trifecta of Collett Everman Woolman's portraits; his desk is sadly missing.

I think the clubs in A are so 1980s, even though they have renovated A17, and I really don't like that Delta pulled the self-serve soda machine from the A17 club (I don't think I've been in that club in 2018; assuming thunderstorms don't screw up my trip, I'll be there Thursday afternoon).

I hope to give D27 another try on Thursday too. I'll let you know.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 5:21 pm

As I mentioned in my last post, I did end up at ATL today with a lot of time on my hands (7.5hrs, 1pm-8:30pm on a Wed). I'm currently in the B club after having visited every club in ATL through the day. To remind you, I'm totally new to the clubs so I can't compare to any previous experience.

On the whole, I found the summaries several of you have made here to be very accurate, so I wont repeat them. Some of my random observations:
I started a F - had a nice piece of grilled chicken. The only other club I saw the chicken in was E. I had to wait until my last stop at B to find the chicken pot pie puffs.

B is the only club using china plates and metal silverware. B seems best overall for food offerings. I also love the high ceiling- makes it feel nice and spacious. Both times I've been here I preferred the big blue chairs next to the windows-very private.

F and E were best for watching landings and take offs. B is also ok but for the most part the blinds were down.

D12 was bad. Small and cramped. All the blinds were down. Not a place to feel tranquil or relaxed.

D27 aka the Cave was ok. I worked happily in the private cube chair things for a while. I kinda liked the atmosphere. Defintely a smaller club though. Way better than D12.

C37 was desperately bare of many food options. I didnt look properly at the quiet area near the food or behind the bar. The main room looked to have all the same kind of standard chairs. Not much seclusion to be found. Ok views outside.

I liked T. It was reasonably quiet. Good TV area. Decent views.

A1 was quite average. A bit dated looking. A16 was much better - 2 big areas. Large food area. Modern. Looking. Spacious. Good views.

Overall I'd probably lean toward B being the best all rounder. Lots of different seating options to suit your needs and/or group size. E and F are defintely near the top of the list, and perhaps the best for specific things like food or the outside access at F.

Edit- I moved to the other side of B (right as you walk in) and its much better for viewing take off the best of any club that I've seen today.

Last edited by FlyingHighlander; Aug 7, 2018 at 5:42 pm
Old Aug 17, 2018, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I'm at ATL-F right now and the deck is closed......nice day but apparently the sliding door to get outside is broken.

Also the men's bathrooms are horrid with weird stuff in the sinks (as cleaning objects I would guess).

.....KEEP CLIMBING

Last edited by AANYC1981; Aug 18, 2018 at 9:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.