Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL4108 3/2: in flight mechanical problems, return, hard landing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2016, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold

My fiancée is aboard - apparently landed hard enough there were a few injuries and ambulance came to meet the plane.

Anyone know anything more?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Details? Route? Airport where the landing occurred? Aircraft type? Which DL Connection carrier?

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Mar 2, 2016 at 8:16 pm
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Details? Route? Airport where the landing occurred? Aircraft type? Which DL Conncetion carrier?
According to FlightAware, its JFK-RDU on a CRJ-900.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:07 am

From Flight Aware data it seems took off around 9:00am from JFK, then landed back at JFK ~9:35am. Took off again at around 11am and completed flight to RDU.

May be there's a flyer talker on board.. or OP can post more details from his fiancée.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mpheels
According to FlightAware, its JFK-RDU on a CRJ-900.
Fine and this information is probably available if one checks flight status on delta.dumb, but I don't think the OP should expect others here to do "research" to make sense of the OP. In particular, one shouldn't assume that people have DL's flight numbers memorized or even unusual airport codes.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Looks like Endeavor Air.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
If it was a hard landing then there may have been an issue with the flaps/slats. If flaps/slats are inoperative you will have to conduct the approach and landing at a higher speed since you won't have the extra lift that is usually provided.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Fine and this information is probably available if one checks flight status on delta.dumb, but I don't think the OP should expect others here to do "research" to make sense of the OP. In particular, one shouldn't assume that people have DL's flight numbers memorized or even unusual airport codes.
And I don't think the OP should expect to be badgered just because their post isn't up to your standards. If there isn't enough information for you to formulate a concise reply, how about just skipping it for once?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 12:14 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by RipCityFlyer
And I don't think the OP should expect to be badgered just because their post isn't up to your standards. If there isn't enough information for you to formulate a concise reply, how about just skipping it for once?
Bingo.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:16 am

Flightaware squished it all into one flight, but the altitude graph reveals it was two.
Attached Images   
Old Mar 3, 2016, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
If it was a hard landing then there may have been an issue with the flaps/slats. If flaps/slats are inoperative you will have to conduct the approach and landing at a higher speed since you won't have the extra lift that is usually provided.
Had this happen landing at LHR two weeks ago - on approach, pilot made the announcement the flaps were not working so to expect a hard/fast landing and not be alarmed with emergency vehicles standing by on 27L. Thankfully, it seemed like a normal landing.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
Best reply of FT. Ever.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:58 am

Let me diffuse the tension over the snarky posts with a snarky post on grammar. Should be "his or her post" isn't up to your standards. OP is a singular noun. Agreement requires the singular adjective.

I know, I could have just skipped it.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:19 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

As this incident happened a few days ago, the aircraft has been identified and all that is left on the thread is snark and responses to snark, I am locking this one up.
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.