Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

JFK-west coast paid F/full fare Y SkyClub access gone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles

DL has always offered JFK-SAN/PDX/SEA/LAS (I think?) and DEN "transcons" (DEN not being a transcon in the true sense of a transcontinental market, but whatever) SkyClub access with paid F or full Y fares. However, looking at the DL website, this seems to have disappeared Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
DL has always offered JFK-SAN/PDX/SEA/LAS (I think?) and DEN "transcons" (DEN not being a transcon in the true sense of a transcontinental market, but whatever) SkyClub access with paid F or full Y fares. However, looking at the DL website, this seems to have disappeared Am I missing something?

Thanks!
JFK to SFO/LAX only now. No others qualify as its marketed in conjunction with D1 service only.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:37 pm

Thanks!
Here is a current thread that discussed this...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...screpancy.html
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others

Thanks!
Delta's website seems to indicate it's still available.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sethb
Delta's website seems to indicate it's still available.
No it says transcontinental Delta One that means LAX/SFO-JFK only. No others are D1.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Looks like JFK-SEA/PDX/PHX/DEN/SAN paid F and full Y lounge access has been discontinued, then? Kind of sad, but wasn't surprised, because those specific flights getting lounge access seemed kind of like a holdover from the old days. And, is JFK-DEN a transcon? Not even close, IMHO. SLC wasn't even included, even though it's closer to the west coast than DEN is.

Those are the old rules, apparently discontinued?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...p;d=1454510382
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
all about protecting the brand and the experience rather than making customers happy
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG PLT100, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
all about protecting the brand and the experience rather than making customers happy
I don't think that's accurate. Actually having a place to sit in the Sky Club certainly makes me a happy customer. Club overcrowding at peak travel hours is a big issue. I understand that they have to offer club access on the premium routes (JFK-LAX/SFO), to stay competitive, but I'm glad that they limit it to just those routes.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BOSTransplant
I don't think that's accurate. Actually having a place to sit in the Sky Club certainly makes me a happy customer. Club overcrowding at peak travel hours is a big issue. I understand that they have to offer club access on the premium routes (JFK-LAX/SFO), to stay competitive, but I'm glad that they limit it to just those routes.
Totally agree. Packed SkyClubs can be almost as bad as the concourse.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by jrl767
They are making the right customers happy. A protected experience makes me EXTREMELY happy.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bubbashow
They are making the right customers happy. A protected experience makes me EXTREMELY happy.
True. I've never been able to enjoy the Skyclub because of the nagging fear that somebody in there might not belong. What's important to me isn't the quality of my own experience; it's knowing that other people are being kept out.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Plus, it's not as if the flights for which SC access has been discontinued are necessarily more expensive than many other routes that have never had lounge privileges......nor, more importantly, are DL's main competitors offering free lounge access on such routes.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by flyerCO
No it says transcontinental Delta One that means LAX/SFO-JFK only. No others are D1.
In the next section, it says that "Transcontinental First Class Passenger" is not entitled to any guests.

I guess they only partially fixed that page to reflect the new policy.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
True. I've never been able to enjoy the Skyclub because of the nagging fear that somebody in there might not belong. What's important to me isn't the quality of my own experience; it's knowing that other people are being kept out.
ROFL^
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
ROFL^
I once tried to get them to chase away a lady who was standing near the Skyclub entrance eating pineapple chunks. I told the Skyclub agent that being so bluntly reminded that anybody could bring any kind of fruit they liked into the airport diminished my experience of eating carrot sticks in the Skyclub. The agent told me they couldn't control what other people did in non-Skyclub space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.