Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

News: Richard Anderson will retire this year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

News: Richard Anderson will retire this year

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 4:36 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Northwest was not angelic, not by any stretch of the imagination, but NeWDelta under Anderson has shown no restraint with captive and small city fares.

Oh well, just drive to MKE and fly on Southwest.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:38 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Richard did a great job for the employees, stockholders, and customers.

Do I like getting less upgrades? No

Do I like not being able to fly DL to DXB? No

Do I like getting where I need to when I need to with my bags? You bet

Ed will be fine. Really smart and good guy. Knows the airline business like the back of his hand.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Do I like getting where I need to when I need to with my bags? You bet
Good for you. My experiences with DL in the past 12 months have been way below par, and I've been parted from my checked bags twice in that period on a relatively small number of trips.

I know the metrics say DL is doing better than the rest, but I'm the outlying data point I guess.

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Anderson has not been running the company by himself. The fact that the new CEO is a close insider suggests that we will not see major change.
Ed and Glen are good managers, but neither one is a fan of FF programs.

David
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Good for you. My experiences with DL in the past 12 months have been way below par, and I've been parted from my checked bags twice in that period on a relatively small number of trips.

I know the metrics say DL is doing better than the rest, but I'm the outlying data point I guess.

David
what top level management person is?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA P1K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Relationship with unions and unionized employees, including pilots.

S
I think this will be the big one, especially based on the below.

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/de...anscripts.html
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by N830MH
And bring the old Skymiles program back. Bring it back 100% base miles and Eliminating the MQD, as well.
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Not going to happen. It may suck, but all the carriers have gone this way. New CEO isn't going to change this.
Exactly
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by DiverDave

David
Are you suggesting that RA was a fan--that he is the reason we still have the program and that when he leaves it will end?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
I was surprised to see the announcement as I thought he would be around for a few more years... RA is definitely the best airline CEO in the US.

Don't think much will change with Ed Bastian taking over. He is 57 years old by the way but I don't think that will be an issue for him having a 7-10 year stay.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Not going to happen. It may suck, but all the carriers have gone this way. New CEO isn't going to change this.
Oh yes, they will. They will bring it back. Stop wasting the time. I'm tired of waiting!!!
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:43 am

And bring the old Skymiles program back. Bring it back 100% base miles and Eliminating the MQD, as well.
Oh yes, they will. They will bring it back. Stop wasting the time. I'm tired of waiting!!!
Distance based mileage earning is as dead as disco.

AS is the only hold out among major US carries and I bet if DL hadn't charged into SEA they would have gone dollars based already.

I think AS will change it's mind when 2 things happen, 1)SEA reaches and equilibrium 2) AS sees a huge spike in MP enrollments with no corresponding increase to load factor.

Unless the BoD decides not to go with EB and instead pick a new CEO of off FlyerTalk Distance is Dead.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Are you suggesting that RA was a fan--that he is the reason we still have the program and that when he leaves it will end?
Not my intent. RA set the standard by which the legacy US carriers are devaluing their FF programs.

His proteges will stay the course, and SkyMiles will keep descending. At least until the next travel industry downturn.

David
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by kop84
Distance based mileage earning is as dead as disco.
I don't care!!! Just bring it back the old miles again. I'm sick of it!!! I'm tired of them!!! I cannot wait forever. Eliminating the MQD now! Bring it back the 100% base miles.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I don't care!!!
I'm afraid the feeling is mutual.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I'm in favor of eliminating the MQM/MQS requirements. Make it all based on MQD's like WN.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I'm in favor of eliminating the MQM/MQS requirements. Make it all based on MQD's like WN.
You'll get that wish, then it will change to MQM, which even fewer will like

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.