Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Did I really hit my MileageBoost threshold?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta

I just got an email from Delta congratulating me for reaching the $30K MilesBoost threshold for my Reserve card...which I'm nowhere near given it's still January! That said, I'm not seeing the miles in my account yet, even though the email says they've already been deposited... any idea what could have happened? Anyone else receive this email prematurely?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by rekoil
I just got an email from Delta congratulating me for reaching the $30K MilesBoost threshold for my Reserve card...which I'm nowhere near given it's still January! That said, I'm not seeing the miles in my account yet, even though the email says they've already been deposited... any idea what could have happened? Anyone else receive this email prematurely?
Could this be from last year? Even though the dollars have to be earned in 2015, the credit wouldn't be until your statement date.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Are you sure this wasn't for 2015 and it just got posted now? I've never heard of this one if it's for 2016 already!
Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by audidudi
Are you sure this wasn't for 2015 and it just got posted now? I've never heard of this one if it's for 2016 already!
The email came today, and says I'm getting the 15K Reserve card bonus - A card I upgraded to (from the Platinum) at the beginning of this year.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is there some welcome, for example for $1000 spend in the first few months, that you could have reached?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is there some welcome, for example for $1000 spend in the first few months, that you could have reached?
Emails of this type have never been sent out before for this particular situation. Sounds like 2015 MQMs posting, or a glitch.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Funny, I literally just emailed Delta about this. I got the same email from Delta about my reserve 15K (which will then put me over to PM) last week. Just waiting for it to credit to my account so I can then book a few flights to get C+ right away.... before they screw us over in May
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: DL PM
The email came today, and says I'm getting the 15K Reserve card bonus - A card I upgraded to (from the Platinum) at the beginning of this year.
Did you hit $30k spend on your platinum card in 2015? I had this unexpectedly happen when I upgraded from the Gold card to Reserve in January 2012. I didn't realize it but I had spent just over the $30k threshold on the Gold card in 2011 and even though I didn't upgrade to the Reserve until early 2012 (but before my December/January statement posted) I still got the 15k MQM for 2011.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
Did you hit $30k spend on your platinum card in 2015? I had this unexpectedly happen when I upgraded from the Gold card to Reserve in January 2012. I didn't realize it but I had spent just over the $30k threshold on the Gold card in 2011 and even though I didn't upgrade to the Reserve until early 2012 (but before my December/January statement posted) I still got the 15k MQM for 2011.
Interesting, I did exactly that last week. Statement closed Jan 15, I upgraded my Gold to the Reserve a few days before that. Haven't gotten any email about hitting the Boost though, will keep an eye out.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mudpuppy
That's a very good point - I did make more than $80K in charges in 2015, which puts me $30K over the $50K threshold for the two boosts I got on the Plat card I had last year. That could explain this, although I can't find any terms that point to this as policy.

Interestingly, I now see the 15K SkyPesos in my account, but there's no change to my MQM.

Kind of afraid to call them on it, I don't want them to "fix the glitch"...
Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
That's a very good point - I did make more than $80K in charges in 2015, which puts me $30K over the $50K threshold for the two boosts I got on the Plat card I had last year. That could explain this, although I can't find any terms that point to this as policy.

Interestingly, I now see the 15K SkyPesos in my account, but there's no change to my MQM.

Kind of afraid to call them on it, I don't want them to "fix the glitch"...
With the reserve card, the MQMs don't post automatically because you can gift them to someone else. They will post after 90 days or you can claim them for yourself online.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
With the reserve card, the MQMs don't post automatically because you can gift them to someone else. They will post after 90 days or you can claim them for yourself online.
Thanks for that bit of info! I found the link to claim them. Still not seeing them in my account yet, but I'm guessing that will take a day or two.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Mine posted on Jan 21 but they were 2015 MQMs. Be sure to look at activity in 2015 (not your early 2016 flights) to see the MQMs. My rollover was adjusted (because all MQMs were set to zero on Jan 1) to reflect these additional 2015 MQMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.