Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Did I really hit my MileageBoost threshold?

Did I really hit my MileageBoost threshold?

Old Jan 21, 16, 5:05 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Programs: Delta
Posts: 56
Did I really hit my MileageBoost threshold?

I just got an email from Delta congratulating me for reaching the $30K MilesBoost threshold for my Reserve card...which I'm nowhere near given it's still January! That said, I'm not seeing the miles in my account yet, even though the email says they've already been deposited... any idea what could have happened? Anyone else receive this email prematurely?
rekoil is offline  
Old Jan 21, 16, 5:26 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MCO
Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Posts: 1,060
Originally Posted by rekoil View Post
I just got an email from Delta congratulating me for reaching the $30K MilesBoost threshold for my Reserve card...which I'm nowhere near given it's still January! That said, I'm not seeing the miles in my account yet, even though the email says they've already been deposited... any idea what could have happened? Anyone else receive this email prematurely?
Could this be from last year? Even though the dollars have to be earned in 2015, the credit wouldn't be until your statement date.
miraclebear2003 is offline  
Old Jan 21, 16, 5:28 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: SFO
Programs: DL DM/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat., Marriott Plat., SPG Plat., IHG Spire Elite/Royal Ambassador
Posts: 1,410
Originally Posted by rekoil View Post
I just got an email from Delta congratulating me for reaching the $30K MilesBoost threshold for my Reserve card...which I'm nowhere near given it's still January! That said, I'm not seeing the miles in my account yet, even though the email says they've already been deposited... any idea what could have happened? Anyone else receive this email prematurely?
Are you sure this wasn't for 2015 and it just got posted now? I've never heard of this one if it's for 2016 already!
audidudi is offline  
Old Jan 21, 16, 7:02 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Programs: Delta
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by audidudi View Post
Are you sure this wasn't for 2015 and it just got posted now? I've never heard of this one if it's for 2016 already!
The email came today, and says I'm getting the 15K Reserve card bonus - A card I upgraded to (from the Platinum) at the beginning of this year.
rekoil is offline  
Old Jan 21, 16, 10:04 pm
  #5  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 92,171
Is there some welcome, for example for $1000 spend in the first few months, that you could have reached?
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Jan 21, 16, 11:01 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: DCA
Programs: AA Gold, DL PM, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 5,955
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Is there some welcome, for example for $1000 spend in the first few months, that you could have reached?
Emails of this type have never been sent out before for this particular situation. Sounds like 2015 MQMs posting, or a glitch.
KDCAflyer is online now  
Old Jan 22, 16, 8:10 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: MSP
Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 601
Funny, I literally just emailed Delta about this. I got the same email from Delta about my reserve 15K (which will then put me over to PM) last week. Just waiting for it to credit to my account so I can then book a few flights to get C+ right away.... before they screw us over in May
bretthexum is offline  
Old Jan 22, 16, 9:58 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Michigan
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 798
Originally Posted by rekoil View Post
The email came today, and says I'm getting the 15K Reserve card bonus - A card I upgraded to (from the Platinum) at the beginning of this year.
Did you hit $30k spend on your platinum card in 2015? I had this unexpectedly happen when I upgraded from the Gold card to Reserve in January 2012. I didn't realize it but I had spent just over the $30k threshold on the Gold card in 2011 and even though I didn't upgrade to the Reserve until early 2012 (but before my December/January statement posted) I still got the 15k MQM for 2011.
mudpuppy is offline  
Old Jan 22, 16, 11:19 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: FLL
Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
Did you hit $30k spend on your platinum card in 2015? I had this unexpectedly happen when I upgraded from the Gold card to Reserve in January 2012. I didn't realize it but I had spent just over the $30k threshold on the Gold card in 2011 and even though I didn't upgrade to the Reserve until early 2012 (but before my December/January statement posted) I still got the 15k MQM for 2011.
Interesting, I did exactly that last week. Statement closed Jan 15, I upgraded my Gold to the Reserve a few days before that. Haven't gotten any email about hitting the Boost though, will keep an eye out.
Siscim23 is offline  
Old Jan 22, 16, 1:05 pm
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Programs: Delta
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
Did you hit $30k spend on your platinum card in 2015? I had this unexpectedly happen when I upgraded from the Gold card to Reserve in January 2012. I didn't realize it but I had spent just over the $30k threshold on the Gold card in 2011 and even though I didn't upgrade to the Reserve until early 2012 (but before my December/January statement posted) I still got the 15k MQM for 2011.
That's a very good point - I did make more than $80K in charges in 2015, which puts me $30K over the $50K threshold for the two boosts I got on the Plat card I had last year. That could explain this, although I can't find any terms that point to this as policy.

Interestingly, I now see the 15K SkyPesos in my account, but there's no change to my MQM.

Kind of afraid to call them on it, I don't want them to "fix the glitch"...
rekoil is offline  
Old Jan 22, 16, 1:08 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MCO
Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Posts: 1,060
Originally Posted by rekoil View Post
That's a very good point - I did make more than $80K in charges in 2015, which puts me $30K over the $50K threshold for the two boosts I got on the Plat card I had last year. That could explain this, although I can't find any terms that point to this as policy.

Interestingly, I now see the 15K SkyPesos in my account, but there's no change to my MQM.

Kind of afraid to call them on it, I don't want them to "fix the glitch"...
With the reserve card, the MQMs don't post automatically because you can gift them to someone else. They will post after 90 days or you can claim them for yourself online.
miraclebear2003 is offline  
Old Jan 23, 16, 2:14 pm
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Programs: Delta
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003 View Post
With the reserve card, the MQMs don't post automatically because you can gift them to someone else. They will post after 90 days or you can claim them for yourself online.
Thanks for that bit of info! I found the link to claim them. Still not seeing them in my account yet, but I'm guessing that will take a day or two.
rekoil is offline  
Old Jan 23, 16, 2:36 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SDF
Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Posts: 1,438
Mine posted on Jan 21 but they were 2015 MQMs. Be sure to look at activity in 2015 (not your early 2016 flights) to see the MQMs. My rollover was adjusted (because all MQMs were set to zero on Jan 1) to reflect these additional 2015 MQMs.
DL-Don is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: