Search

Delta Gold AMEX Not Working at SkyClub

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat
Delta Gold AMEX Not Working at SkyClub

Hi All,

I have a very strange situation. I have the Delta Gold Amex specifically for the purpose of accessing the SkyClub for $29. I've tried the card at four different skyclubs - LGA, JFK, TPA and FLL with the same result: the card can't be processed by the delta system.

The card itself works *everywhere* else but for some reason can't be processed at the skyclubs for the $29 payment. I've even requested a new card from AmEx, which gave me the same result. When I talked to AmEx about the problem, they insist its a Delta issue due to the fact that the card works everywhere with the exception of the skyclub.

The card is registered to my name, and appears when i login to both delta.com and american express' website. This seems to be an issue with the skyclub system itself. Has anyone experienced this or can anyone offer help?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by boeingguy1
Hi All,

I have a very strange situation. I have the Delta Gold Amex specifically for the purpose of accessing the SkyClub for $29. I've tried the card at four different skyclubs - LGA, JFK, TPA and FLL with the same result: the card can't be processed by the delta system.

The card itself works *everywhere* else but for some reason can't be processed at the skyclubs for the $29 payment. I've even requested a new card from AmEx, which gave me the same result. When I talked to AmEx about the problem, they insist its a Delta issue due to the fact that the card works everywhere with the exception of the skyclub.

The card is registered to my name, and appears when i login to both delta.com and american express' website. This seems to be an issue with the skyclub system itself. Has anyone experienced this or can anyone offer help?
I have experienced this a few times in the main club at DTW. The rep will first try to use a different POS terminal, and if that is unsuccessful he/she will then manually enter the card number, which has always worked when all else failed.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
I ran into this in SEA a few years ago after coming in from China as an FO. The agent took pity on me and let me in, gratis. It was actually the trip that pushed me from FO to GM, so that might have helped too.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
I have experienced this a few times in the main club at DTW. The rep will first try to use a different POS terminal, and if that is unsuccessful he/she will then manually enter the card number, which has always worked when all else failed.
The agents have tried manually entering the card for me as well, to no avail.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA GLD
Wait, I can access the SC for $29 with my delta Amex? How did I not know this!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by blondeterp
Wait, I can access the SC for $29 with my delta Amex? How did I not know this!
for Gold or Plat Delta Amex, yea
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by boeingguy1
The agents have tried manually entering the card for me as well, to no avail.
That sounds really frustrating. If you can't get anywhere through escalating this at either company you might want to try changing the card to a whole new account. Since you have gold, you could upgrade to platinum and this might do the trick. Personally I think the platinum card is a much better value. It has a higher annual fee ($195) but with that comes two valuable benefits you are not getting with the gold card:

1) Annual companion certificate--so you are basically getting one domestic Y ticket a year for $195. I have used this every year and on flights that are over $400, so you certainly get your money back.

2) 10,000 MQM bonus at $25K and $50K spend.

Personally I don't see any reason to have the gold card, and this might also resolve your issue. Make sure that they give you a new account number when reissuing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.