Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Some in Party Have PreCheck - Some Do Not

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some in Party Have PreCheck - Some Do Not

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2015, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
Question Some in Party Have PreCheck - Some Do Not

Travelling BOI-LIH tomorrow. I just checked in and three of the seven in our party have PreCheck designated on the boarding passes. Anyone have any experience (luck?) with whether or not all of the people in itinerary can go through the PreCheck line. Our 10-month-old is one of the lucky ones. I imagine they'll make us take her through the regular line (and not vice versa)?
Old Dec 3, 2015, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The three with pre-check + any kids 12 or under will go through pre-check. The rest go through standard security. No guests in Pre-Check !
Old Dec 3, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Ya, I get precheck and girlfriend doesn't. I usually take her carry on bag with me, so she doesn't have to remove liquids and laptop. But she's never been allowed to pass thru with me
Old Dec 3, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
No chance at all for +1s in PreCheck. A few months ago, our family of three-- all GE-- had PreCheck on our boarding passes, but the missus' home printed boarding pass couldn't be read by the PreCheck scanner. She wasn't allowed to pass through. She did, however, re-print her BP at a kiosk which the scanner could read.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 5:57 pm

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by Often1
The three with pre-check + any kids 12 or under will go through pre-check. The rest go through standard security. No guests in Pre-Check !
this +1 ^

no guest unless really old and really young lol
Old Dec 3, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Children 12 and under can go thru TSA Pre-check with a parent. The rest of the group will all need to clear 'regular' security.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by Felixishim
this +1 ^

no guest unless really old and really young lol
maybe we'll put the 2-year-old and the 10-month-olds in the Precheck line and see if they make it!
Old Dec 3, 2015, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Last 3 PNR's when I had the SO on my PNR (ie non split, I don't think linking works) SO had PC. ^
Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Funny, earlier this week I had PreCheck and my companion did not. Handed both BPs to the TDC at the same time. Both got waved on through. Not the first time it's happened either.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Last 3 PNR's when I had the SO on my PNR (ie non split, I don't think linking works) SO had PC. ^
Yeah, for us, many trips in a row on multiple airlines (US and AS for sure; I think DL as well), my partner on the same PNR has had pre-check every time. I have Global Entry; she has nothing (neither status nor a known traveler number). We've had a lap infant (attached to my ticket) on all of these trips; I've wondered if that's relevant.

It's consistent enough that we now almost count on it, and certainly plan on it.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
You will find a FEW people that got a break. Sometimes they just randomly add a few to the precheck line. But, in practice - tough crap.

One of the other of use (husband/wife) have gotten Precheck and the other did not. So, of course, you know who takes the bag.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Gold; ANZ Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Same experience here, although we only tried it once before my SO got his PC. Of course, he didn't have it at the time, so he assumed it wasn't on his BP and only realized it was when we got to the front of the 45-min long regular security line
Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: DL GM
Mrs. WWGuy and I recently forked over $85 each to join the PreCheck program. We obviously can't speak for the rest of you but we're expecting everyone using the PreCheck line now to be paid or otherwise qualified members of the PreCheck program unless the TSA says differently (which it doesn't.). Tagalong travel companions don't count for PreCheck qualification. If you want to stay together through security you should all go through the standard security line.

From the TSA PreCheck FAQ:

Im traveling with my family; can they also use the TSA Pre✓ lane?

- Family members ages 12 and under traveling with an eligible parent or guardian with a TSA Pre✓ indicator on their boarding pass can participate in expedited screening.

- Family members 13 and older must go through standard security lanes or should apply for a DHS trusted traveler program.

Last edited by WWGuy; Dec 4, 2015 at 9:09 am
Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL DM, UA 1K, MR PP
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Children 12 and under can go thru TSA Pre-check with a parent. The rest of the group will all need to clear 'regular' security.
This is always fun in SLC when a family of 8 with 2 double wide strollers just beat you to the pre-check line... I suppose I would do it too if I had kids.

On another note. My mother who has not flown in 15 years got pre-check assigned on printing boarding passes at the airport when traveling as my companion both at CLE and MIA.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
I plunked down the $85 fee before either GE existed or I knew about it as I thought it was going to remain a paid service. But I have to ask, are the airlines giving the nod to random PAX? I fly in and out of Dulles all the time and see lots of folks who don't know what they need to do. Many seem to be int'l travelers or first class.

Last week my family traveled with me over Thanksgiving, Mrs. tvtd and our two small children. It was a work weekend for me so they had their own itinerary and reservation but I made sure we were at least all on the same flights. They were all PC on outbound and return segments. I didn't raise an issue because it made security all that much quicker. But my question is why is it that so many people are getting PC without, seemingly, having paid for it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.