Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Isn't SkyBonus expiring tomorrow?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Isn't SkyBonus expiring tomorrow?

I cannot seem to find the thread or the email that I seem to recall being sent, but isn't the SkyBonus program being terminated tomorrow for those that have less than 5 employees?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If so, I hope everyone has remembered to cash in their points for something before they go away.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Yes, that is why I figured someone here would know and hopefully this thread helps people get what is due to them.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
31DEC15 last day for many of us!

Originally Posted by knoa_knows
I cannot seem to find the thread or the email that I seem to recall being sent, but isn't the SkyBonus program being terminated tomorrow for those that have less than 5 employees?

Here is a PDF of all the choices and point costs for each: http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...nus-awards.pdf
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! I have another month...
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If so, I hope everyone has remembered to cash in their points for something before they go away.
Yes, but for what?

Does anyone know exactly how the upgrade certificates ("Select Fare") work?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is December 31 just the deadline to earn SkyBonus points for the affected accounts or is it also the deadline for burning points? IIRC there were some previous reports of accounts and their balances being purged without warning.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by jspira
Yes, but for what?

Does anyone know exactly how the upgrade certificates ("Select Fare") work?
It is my understanding that these are only for the 49 states and Canada. You must be booked in coach in a "K" or higher seat. You than call SkyBonus and upgrade IF upgrade seats in First Class are available. I think that normally means "A" class seats have to be available but the only way to really tell for sure is to call SkyBonus and ask. Kind of a dumb system if you ask me.

Upgrade coupon cost is 50,000 SkyBonus points one way.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:21 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is December 31 just the deadline to earn SkyBonus points for the affected accounts or is it also the deadline for burning points? IIRC there were some previous reports of accounts and their balances being purged without warning.
I inquired about a month ago and the rep told me that 12/31 is the date for burning your points. They will not give an extension. I tried to get one since I'm flying back to the states on 12/29 and was worried those points might not post immediately. The rep said no extensions will be given.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by RobertH
It is my understanding that these are only for the 49 states and Canada. You must be booked in coach in a "K" or higher seat. You than call SkyBonus and upgrade IF upgrade seats in First Class are available. I think that normally means "A" class seats have to be available but the only way to really tell for sure is to call SkyBonus and ask. Kind of a dumb system if you ask me.

Upgrade coupon cost is 50,000 SkyBonus points one way.
My significant other looked at my reply and LAUGHED. She said (and I think she's right) that lots of time Delta has A class availability and yet SkyBonus upgrades are not available. Delta seems to be really, really tight with these upgrades. The only way to tell if an upgrade is available is to call SkyBonus. Don't be surprised, though, when they say NO.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Read the flyer from Delta. The program is not going away, but the qualifications are getting tighter to keep it.

If you no longer qualify, and will no longer be part of the program, then burn your miles/points.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by RobertH
My significant other looked at my reply and LAUGHED. She said (and I think she's right) that lots of time Delta has A class availability and yet SkyBonus upgrades are not available. Delta seems to be really, really tight with these upgrades. The only way to tell if an upgrade is available is to call SkyBonus. Don't be surprised, though, when they say NO.

The domestic upgrade certificate us standard upgrade inventory: RP/R/O/OP
The terms state the "select fare" certificates work on:
"This certificate entitles you to a complimentary one-way Delta One™/Business/First class upgrade with the purchase of a published Y/B/M/S/H/Q/K fare for travel within or between US49/Canada, excluding Hawaii."

I'm not certain of the pecking order of SkyBonus certificate versus GUC and RUCs.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:34 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Do the upgrade certificates expire? That is, can you order a few and hold onto them for a while?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Certs expire one year after issue date.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by paterwdb
Certs expire one year after issue date.
Does the travel have to be finished within 12 months, or just the reservation made within 12 months?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.