FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Isn't SkyBonus expiring tomorrow? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1727882-isnt-skybonus-expiring-tomorrow.html)

knoa_knows Nov 29, 2015 8:05 pm

Isn't SkyBonus expiring tomorrow?

I cannot seem to find the thread or the email that I seem to recall being sent, but isn't the SkyBonus program being terminated tomorrow for those that have less than 5 employees?

MSPeconomist Nov 29, 2015 8:08 pm

If so, I hope everyone has remembered to cash in their points for something before they go away.

knoa_knows Nov 29, 2015 8:09 pm

Yes, that is why I figured someone here would know and hopefully this thread helps people get what is due to them.

Renes Points Nov 29, 2015 8:11 pm

31DEC15 last day for many of us!

Originally Posted by knoa_knows (Post 25788209)
I cannot seem to find the thread or the email that I seem to recall being sent, but isn't the SkyBonus program being terminated tomorrow for those that have less than 5 employees?

http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...rting-soon.jpg

Here is a PDF of all the choices and point costs for each: http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...nus-awards.pdf

knoa_knows Nov 29, 2015 9:38 pm

Thank you! I have another month...:p:p

jspira Nov 29, 2015 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 25788220)
If so, I hope everyone has remembered to cash in their points for something before they go away.

Yes, but for what?

Does anyone know exactly how the upgrade certificates ("Select Fare") work?

MSPeconomist Nov 29, 2015 9:56 pm

Is December 31 just the deadline to earn SkyBonus points for the affected accounts or is it also the deadline for burning points? IIRC there were some previous reports of accounts and their balances being purged without warning.

RobertH Nov 30, 2015 4:02 am

Originally Posted by jspira (Post 25788510)
Yes, but for what?

Does anyone know exactly how the upgrade certificates ("Select Fare") work?

It is my understanding that these are only for the 49 states and Canada. You must be booked in coach in a "K" or higher seat. You than call SkyBonus and upgrade IF upgrade seats in First Class are available. I think that normally means "A" class seats have to be available but the only way to really tell for sure is to call SkyBonus and ask. Kind of a dumb system if you ask me.

Upgrade coupon cost is 50,000 SkyBonus points one way.

donnak Nov 30, 2015 5:21 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 25788522)
Is December 31 just the deadline to earn SkyBonus points for the affected accounts or is it also the deadline for burning points? IIRC there were some previous reports of accounts and their balances being purged without warning.

I inquired about a month ago and the rep told me that 12/31 is the date for burning your points. They will not give an extension. I tried to get one since I'm flying back to the states on 12/29 and was worried those points might not post immediately. The rep said no extensions will be given.

RobertH Nov 30, 2015 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by RobertH (Post 25789466)
It is my understanding that these are only for the 49 states and Canada. You must be booked in coach in a "K" or higher seat. You than call SkyBonus and upgrade IF upgrade seats in First Class are available. I think that normally means "A" class seats have to be available but the only way to really tell for sure is to call SkyBonus and ask. Kind of a dumb system if you ask me.

Upgrade coupon cost is 50,000 SkyBonus points one way.

My significant other looked at my reply and LAUGHED. She said (and I think she's right) that lots of time Delta has A class availability and yet SkyBonus upgrades are not available. Delta seems to be really, really tight with these upgrades. The only way to tell if an upgrade is available is to call SkyBonus. Don't be surprised, though, when they say NO.

NoStressHere Nov 30, 2015 2:38 pm

Read the flyer from Delta. The program is not going away, but the qualifications are getting tighter to keep it.

If you no longer qualify, and will no longer be part of the program, then burn your miles/points.

DCAproducer Nov 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by RobertH (Post 25791694)
My significant other looked at my reply and LAUGHED. She said (and I think she's right) that lots of time Delta has A class availability and yet SkyBonus upgrades are not available. Delta seems to be really, really tight with these upgrades. The only way to tell if an upgrade is available is to call SkyBonus. Don't be surprised, though, when they say NO.

The domestic upgrade certificate us standard upgrade inventory: RP/R/O/OP
The terms state the "select fare" certificates work on:
"This certificate entitles you to a complimentary one-way Delta One™/Business/First class upgrade with the purchase of a published Y/B/M/S/H/Q/K fare for travel within or between US49/Canada, excluding Hawaii."

I'm not certain of the pecking order of SkyBonus certificate versus GUC and RUCs.

jspira Nov 30, 2015 6:34 pm

Do the upgrade certificates expire? That is, can you order a few and hold onto them for a while?

paterwdb Nov 30, 2015 7:31 pm

Certs expire one year after issue date.

StayingHomeIsBetter Dec 22, 2015 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by paterwdb (Post 25793509)
Certs expire one year after issue date.

Does the travel have to be finished within 12 months, or just the reservation made within 12 months?