Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PVG Club

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

PVG Club

Recently through PVG - what a mess! Bad enough DL hands out letters from Heidi Gould apologizing for the experience.

My question is for anyone with knowledge of the skyclub situation. SC site lists Airport Lounge #37 as a partner lounge, has anyone used this with SC membership? I was flat out denied entry. I tried most of the lounges, and most pointed me back to #37. I've attempted to email DL. no response yet.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 9:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Not all partner lounges give access to SC members. They are supposed to give access to all GM+ (SkyTeam ElitePlus) traveling on a same day SkyTeam international itinerary.

Go to the lounge finder on delta.dumb and use the drop down menu to display lounges that are accessible for SC members. If this lounge is on the list, then read all of the footnotes carefully for definitions, rules, and exceptions.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:47 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold
PVG Club

First of all, that lounge is awful (located near gate 18 which makes no sense). Better to just go to the ubiquitous bar/restaurant they have throughout airport (name escapes me but Star something) that serves Stella for 80 kuai. Since it's a third party lounge, not a DL SC, you need to be elite plus traveling internationally to use if on economy, or first class domestically.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tjhosea
First of all, that lounge is awful (located near gate 18 which makes no sense). Better to just go to the ubiquitous bar/restaurant they have throughout airport (name escapes me but Star something) that serves Stella for 80 kuai. Since it's a third party lounge, not a DL SC, you need to be elite plus traveling internationally to use if on economy, or first class domestically.
If you're elite plus go to gate 21, take the escalator down (its right next to the gate podium, and enter the China Eastern Lounge. The one by 21 or 20 is the one they funnel DL passengers into. Much better then the lounge DL currently gives D1 and others flying DL to use. I've made a couple of regulars with status happy by showing them this club. They didn't realize they existed till I took them there.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:21 am

Programs: Delta DM
Was just there a couple weeks ago and the lounge by 21 isn't too bad. Depending on when you're departing I heard it can get packed (it's not big to begin with). I left on the late flight to LAX and was there around 8ish and it wasn't busy since it was later at night.

OPS
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...nal-1-pvg.html
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:09 am
Original Poster

I have the same sentiment. I arrived at the counter and found 100+ crowding the SP line. DL staff did nothing about moving those that had no right to be there. Counter agents spoke almost no english. I first asked if my row was still empty, second if I could move my seat, and third asked to speak with a supervisor. All of these were met with a 'sorry sir' and look of bewilderment.

Was so bad notes were handed out to all boarding passengers from Heidi Gould apologizing for the experience.

I had the chance to take Xiamen Air to HKG - what a wonderful experience, even recognizing my FO status. Even in Y- greeted by name, given a gift bag after I was seated with english newspapers and candies, hot meal on a 50 minute flight. Great service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.