Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Free PreCheck is Officially Gone - Is Your Inclusion Rate Down?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Question Free PreCheck is Officially Gone - Is Your Inclusion Rate Down?

In April, the TSA said that it would cut back on free PreCheck including PreCheck that flyers received by virtue of elite status.

Earlier this week, it ended its free program.

Are you seeing a change in inclusion (presuming you are not enrolled)? (I'm in GE and haven't flown yet since the change so it wouldn't apply to me but I'm curious what others are seeing)

TSA Ends Free PreCheck at Nation’s Airports
The Transportation Security Administration quietly ended its Managed Inclusion Program on Monday.

The program allowed travelers who were not enrolled in a trusted traveler program but were nevertheless deemed to be low risk to use the PreCheck security lane at airports across the country....

<SNIP>

Last edited by jspira; Sep 17, 2015 at 3:25 pm
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
^ for Global Entry
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:33 pm

GE here as well. Maybe we'll be back to the early day when the users really were frequent flyers. I've had too many people in front of me with no clue what to do in the line and times where the line was longer than the normal one. Seemed like a lot of total randoms, not just people with status. Anyone know if that random inclusion has stopped as well?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MissJ
Anyone know if that random inclusion has stopped as well?
That is what was being announced really, that was the Managed Inclusion
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:50 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by MissJ
GE here as well. Maybe we'll be back to the early day when the users really were frequent flyers. I've had too many people in front of me with no clue what to do in the line and times where the line was longer than the normal one. Seemed like a lot of total randoms, not just people with status. Anyone know if that random inclusion has stopped as well?
Random inclusion is what has just begun. I never paid for GE...and never got precheck. Now myself (newer status) and non-status family/friends get it all of the time.^ And I didn't even have to give extra money to the government.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pgh234
Random inclusion is what has just begun. I never paid for GE...and never got precheck. Now myself (newer status) and non-status family/friends get it all of the time.^ And I didn't even have to give extra money to the government.
Until Monday, when the possibility of getting PreCheck without being enrolled ended.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jspira
Until Monday, when the possibility of getting PreCheck without being enrolled ended.
I don't believe it. The TSA isn't known for truthfulness - they also say they insure aviation security. The fact remains that the only effect the TSA has on aviation security is to create a logjam at the checkpoint, vulnerable to an attack if anybody wanted to try one. The Uebermenschen program wastes resources, allocating a checkpoint lane to a very small population. The TSA needs to use their resources and let people disperse through the terminal.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
heh, did not even know non-enrolled folks were getting it randomly.

Have it through Global Entry and could no imagine doing it without it. amazing program and definitely saves time.

Beyond it... GE/TSA Pre is Traveling with Dignity.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by jspira
That is what was being announced really, that was the Managed Inclusion
The article said "by virtue of elite status" so I was wondering. I'll have to see what it's like next time I fly. The people around me always seem like they've never seen an airport before and are completely astounded by PreCheck
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL DM

WPCBPC. Good grief it's a hundred dollars.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lrtalk
I nominate this for the post of the day.^
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
So I checked in today for my flight tomorrow to SEA with She Who Must Be Obeyed. She was GE a year or so ago as a gift from me. She got PreCheck fairly often then but hasn't gotten in the last 6-8 months or so.

I have GE but She also got PreCheck tomorrow. We are on the same PNR (Amex companion ticket)
Old Sep 17, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Amen!
Old Sep 17, 2015, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
There are those who believe $100 is not the real cost of Precheck.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:23 pm
mmc

Programs: DL Diamond, QF Gold
I live and work in the USA on a VISA and so don't qualify for Pre or GE. Getting the occasional PRE on my boarding pass was great. Disappointed that I can't get it (since the USGovt knows all there is to know about me anyway, nothing left to ask/tell).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.