Wiki Posts
Search

will there be a lifetime platinum?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:12 pm
vsi
Original Poster

will there be a lifetime platinum?

Some airlines as AA, CA has lifetime gold membership, as I am close to one million DELTA miles, hope I can get something on that monument.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by vsi
Some airlines as AA, CA has lifetime gold membership, as I am close to one million DELTA miles, hope I can get something on that monument.
On Delta, I believe it's:

1MM-Lifetime complimentary Silver
2MM-Lifetime complimentary Gold
4MM-Lifetime complimentary Platinum
Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:09 pm

Location: Atlanta - DL DM - 3M+/Hyatt Globalist/Hilton Diamond/Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by yohanson
On Delta, I believe it's:

1MM-Lifetime complimentary Silver
2MM-Lifetime complimentary Gold
4MM-Lifetime complimentary Platinum
This is essentially correct. However, I believe they have rephrased it to something like, "Complimentary Annual Silver/Gold/Platinum". This smacks of them weasel wording it so they can take it away by saying, "Well it was annual and we've been renewing it for years. So, we're not going to do it this year. Tough noogies."
Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Diver90
This is essentially correct. However, I believe they have rephrased it to something like, "Complimentary Annual Silver/Gold/Platinum". This smacks of them weasel wording it so they can take it away by saying, "Well it was annual and we've been renewing it for years. So, we're not going to do it this year. Tough noogies."
That would be the least of my concerns.
The first concern being instead that these days FO is worth very little and certainly much less than what all other airlines grant to million milers.

I understand that when the program was rolled out FO actually counted for something, but it is time for DL to reevaluate and reduce the gap with its peers.
If, for instance, instead for annual FO status they would give an extra 25k MQM annual rollover, that would already be a big step in the right direction.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thesaints
That would be the least of my concerns.
The first concern being instead that these days FO is worth very little and certainly much less than what all other airlines grant to million milers.

I understand that when the program was rolled out FO actually counted for something, but it is time for DL to reevaluate and reduce the gap with its peers.
If, for instance, instead for annual FO status they would give an extra 25k MQM annual rollover, that would already be a big step in the right direction.

It is similar to what AA provides (Gold status on AA is basically the same as Silver on DL). Although until a few years ago, it was much easier to hit MM on AA (as all earned miles counted toward MM).
Old Sep 8, 2015, 7:05 pm

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
Luckily I made it to 2MM before I throttled back my flying on DL, so until they change the rules and make GM the new F0, I at least get SP boarding and some other benefits without having to qualify each year. It would be nice if they started you with 25 or 50 thousand MQMs each year as well, but that doesn't quite match up with the "What have you done for me lately" attitude towards MM flyers.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Diver90
The only lifetime concept coming out of Va Ave is a lifetime basis for passenger cynicism.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 8:25 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
A French friend of me traveling just about as much as me (~175K/y) for as long, is now a lifelong top-tier at AF, he is now working on building top-tier lifetime on BA. With ~3M miles with DL I am "lifetime" Gold - and before my career is over, I will be a 4MM and "Platinum" (which as we all know is the new Gold). I do not understand why they don't adjust it to at least be: 1MM OS, 2MM Gold, 3MM: PM, and 4+MM: DM.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
The only lifetime concept coming out of Va Ave is a lifetime basis for passenger cynicism.
In all fairness, DL RDMs don't expire until we do.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In all fairness, DL RDMs don't expire until we do.
Well... they didn't, and then they did, and for now they don't.

Stand by for future developments.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:24 am

Miles with no expiration date except yours is still more generous than AA/UA expiration policies.

Plus it's not like DL is scanning the obits to start draining mileage accounts.

I doubt unless someone hits something crazy like 10MM+ would DL ever consider lifetime DM. And even then it would probably be a one off.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by kop84
Miles with no expiration date except yours is still more generous than AA/UA expiration policies.

Plus it's not like DL is scanning the obits to start draining mileage accounts.

I doubt unless someone hits something crazy like 10MM+ would DL ever consider lifetime DM. And even then it would probably be a one off.
I can't imagine a 10MM+ living long after retirement. That's a lot of years on the road!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
In the thread for UA Million Miler Roll call, there was a report of one FT'er hitting 16MM lifetime miles with UA!! Lifetime GS x 4 !!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I can't imagine a 10MM+ living long after retirement. That's a lot of years on the road!
It would be a lot of trips through the TSA nude-o-scope.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 11:34 am

I once met a guy who "commuted" ATL/DXB weekly! About the only lucky thing for him was it was in J. Assuming that they were not all actually J class with the bonus's he was looking at 20-30K MQM's weekly!

Assuming he took a few weeks off per year that could still easily be 1 million+ MQM's yearly. If you could hack it for 7-10 years you could have 10 million MQM and still not even be 40.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.