Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket/Insurance Question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Award Ticket/Insurance Question

Booked two Flights from ATL>DEN in December via my skymiles. I purchased the travel insurance option on this just in case something came up. In the rare possibility that I cannot make the flight will the insurance purchased give me my miles back in full?

- Sorry if this has been answered before. Tried searching and could not find anything.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:15 am
formerly Mdanner423

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Last time I read the terms and conditions on the insurance policy they sell at checkout for an award flight it doesn't cover the cost of the flight (the miles). The insurance is also much much cheaper than if it was a revenue ticket because of this. It does cover like medical expenses and some extra baggage insurance but I found it was equal to what I'm already getting from my credit card so would be a waste of money for me. You should of gotten your policy details in an email, check them out!
Old Sep 4, 2015, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just did pulled up a test award booking and this is the first line in the list of benefits --

"Redeposit fee coverage (if you cancel your trip up to 72 hours before departure pursuant to Delta's Award Ticket cancellation policy)"

The issue is DL's 72 hour no-redeposit rule (as mentioned above). Although I believe there are people here who have gotten in waived in certain cases (injury, illness, etc.).

If you click the Learn More link, you can also get a link to the full T&C's --
https://partner.allianztravelinsuran...01_01_P_V2.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.