Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Membership Renewal Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Sky Club Membership Renewal Question

I did a search but didn't find an answer to my query. My SC membership expires next month and, since I won't be flying for a few months, would like to wait to renew until I'm flying again. However, I seem to recall that an "initiation" fee would apply if the renewal was not within 30 days of expiration. Is that still the case? And, if so, what's the fee? I now don't see any mention of it on dl.com.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can you see different prices for new members? The difference would be the initiation fee.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just checked with my wife's account and there's no initiation fee if you pay the annual membership fee as a single payment. There's a $39.99 initiation fee if you choose one of the monthly payment plans.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
Just checked with my wife's account and there's no initiation fee if you pay the annual membership fee as a single payment. There's a $39.99 initiation fee if you choose one of the monthly payment plans.
That's surprisingly low. I would have thought that the initiation fee would be at least about a hundred dollars, perhaps depending on status.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Thanks all. I did notice the initiation fee associated with the extended payment plan but, when making a dummy purchase using my wife's account(but she's no dummy! ), the membership fee was unchanged. So, apparently no initiation fee with a "paid in full" purchase.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That's surprisingly low. I would have thought that the initiation fee would be at least about a hundred dollars, perhaps depending on status.
I'd think that trying to assess an initiation fee on top of, say, a $695 bill might be a bit much for many to swallow.

And "initiation" fee...who are they kidding?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.