Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Flight time change +/- 10~15 minutes, lost assigned seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond

We bought our domestic flights in March and there was a minor schedule change in April and no change in equipment. Just review our trip on DL.com and the flights are now fully booked and we lost our 4 assigned seats in a same row. Is this normal for DL operation? Don't they reassign seats after schedule change like this?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Are you sure it is the same equipment? Sometimes the change in equipment can be very subtle in the seatmap, especially with the 757 variants. You shouldn't have lost your seats just because of a schedule change.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
This is not unusual.

Delta flight schedules change often and if it's still quite a while before your flight, the schedule could change again.

Bob H
Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
This happened to me on my DTW-ICN flights... My inbound flight changed 10 minutes and when I checked it recently I went from seat 77K to 3A. It makes no sense at all. Of course 77 is gone.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
See I typically buy international trips months in advance, I see one or more changes to equipment, seats, schedule, etc., every Saturday. So when possible I start checking in the morning and keep checking until late in the afternoon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.