Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Baggage on Partner Flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Delta Baggage on Partner Flight

Flying Delta straight thru to Europe, but on return flying Alitalia and Air France. Whose baggage rules apply?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Presuming that this is all on one ticket (not just one PNR, but one ticket), US law applies. This means that your baggage allowance for the marketing carrier of the first segment will apply to all segments of the ticket.

If DL is not only the operating, but the marketing carrier of the first segment, your allowance for that segment, which should be printed on your e-ticket receipt, will apply on AZ and AF on the return.

While this allowance should show on the agent's screen when you check bags on your return, it is a smart move to print the e-ticket receipt showing the baggage allowance and to have that available in the unlikely event that questions do arise.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Yes. It is all one fully booked award ticket. Where can I find the e-ticket receipt? Thanks a lot.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Also, what's the deal with carry on allowance?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: Delta Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Diplomat, Hertz Chairman's Square, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by rrr5050
Yes. It is all one fully booked award ticket. Where can I find the e-ticket receipt? Thanks a lot.
Your email..? Or log in to delta's website
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rrr5050
Also, what's the deal with carry on allowance?
You get the operating carrier's allowance for carryon. The U.S. DOT's single-ticket/single allowance rules apply to checked bags only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.